Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Garden Festival Site

The original advocacy document is worth having a look over on the Langtree website, the company managing the Festival Gardens project.

http://www.langtreegroupplc.co.uk/fe...?type=10&tab=5

(It's on the Downloads tab)

all gone a bit quiet on the official website. no photo updates since August? Been past and work is continuing though

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
    all gone a bit quiet on the official website. no photo updates since August? Been past and work is continuing though
    The guy who does the photos says he has done them up til December and will be taking the January ones soon. He said he will chase up the website to see why they haven't updated them.

Oct. 2010. The Promenade is just over the trees on the left. I guess this is to be the new entrance.

Dec. 2010. The old entrance gate was to the left of the stone blocks. That too had some large blocks nearby.

Dec. 2010. Square asphalt repair on old car-park. Stolen cars used to get set alight here. An old path leading off to the left was getting repaired.

Dec. 2010. Path from car-park being repaired.

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

Can I ask for more info on the site, where the festival hall, the old go kart track and the red dragon slide is, will that be cleaned up and accesible as part of the new park, or is that being left for the re development. The area where the hall was is probably the most visible on the site from the road so it would be a shame if it was left as it is until the hoses are built. I presume the slide will be brought back into use as this has sentimental memories for alot of local people, but will it be left where it is or moved.

Good to see some progress is being made to resurrect the site!

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by baldyman26 View Post
    Can I ask for more info on the site, where the festival hall, the old go kart track and the red dragon slide is, will that be cleaned up and accesible as part of the new park, or is that being left for the re development. The area where the hall was is probably the most visible on the site from the road so it would be a shame if it was left as it is until the hoses are built. I presume the slide will be brought back into use as this has sentimental memories for alot of local people, but will it be left where it is or moved.
    The Festival Hall side of the site is for housing, but the Dragon slide should hopefully be moved to the restored park.

Oct 2010. Rear of dragon-slide. All other structures around this area look to have been demolished (as far as I can see from the road).

Some more pictures up this morning on the website. septembers pics look the exact same as August though. the November pics are new

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Oct 2010. Rear of dragon-slide. All other structures around this area look to have been demolished (as far as I can see from the road).
    I hope they save the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by baldyman26 View Post
    Well I went to the trouble of gaining access to the site about a month ago -- not as easy as it used to be, incidentally! -- only to find that very little progress seemed to have been made since last June. Maybe significant work has been done, but not the kind of progress that has made much visual impact.

The Dragon Slide has been moved as if it's about to be either refurbished or removed altogether, but have no further info, sorry...

This is my Flickr slideshow from June:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3145027...th/4692564101/

[Press Show Info button, top right for captions}

I've noticed that the holes in the perimeter fence have been repaired and threatening anti-Trespassing notices erected. These photos were taken in late October:

They show the Dragon Slide to be in fairly good nick so I'm assuming they've been renovated not long ago and that they're being retained as part of the refurbishment programme...

The Dragon is to the right of the main gate. One could do a quick in and out to take photographs, as the gate is often open. The rest of this area has been flattened. A crane was lifting some steelwork to the site yesterday. Boardwalks (low-level) are being built near the lake area.

The steel I saw getting lifted by a crane is this new bridge:
    http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...2534-28106293/

January pics are up on the FestivalGardens.com site

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast