Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Florrie

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I believe some copies got delivered to the area near to the Florrie. Maybe, some they had left over? I scrounged a read of one. Upto issue 13 can be read online (pdf files). Their website states they are £1.7 million short.http://www.savetheflorrie.org.uk/
    The first post in this thread (September 2006) said they had to find 1.7m which they were confident would be found by the end of 2006.
    So, if they still need to find 1.7m, I suggest that it's not a good idea to hold your breath about it being restored.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    The first post in this thread (September 2006) said they had to find 1.7m which they were confident would be found by the end of 2006.
    So, if they still need to find 1.7m, I suggest that it's not a good idea to hold your breath about it being restored.
    Just to let everyone know

The meeting is in Belvedere Community Activity Centre, 89-91 Miles St, L8 at 7pm tonight.

Steven

They are messing us about - talking about bats, which need to be removed. Then about a lack of funds. Do they think we are stupid ?

DaisyChains

Thats why I am going tonight. To find out

Good Luck DaisyC. and whoever else lives by there.. It is beautiful structure.. should be restored to its original state.. Just lovely lovely architecture there..
    Also, nice to know that the Bats will be saved.. They are an asset to natures conservation... Bravo to that...
    Hope it all works for both sides... The Council needs to perserve this history and beauty.. no matter what they will put in that building.. A school would be nice... ta

Default Burn Burn

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    They are messing us about - talking about bats, which need to be removed. Then about a lack of funds. Do they think we are stupid ?
    Of course it would have helped if the local yobs had not set fire to the building. Then presumably its renovation costs would have been less.

I served my time as a joiner in the early 80's with C.I.T.B. there were apprentices from the same outfit that doing some project work there at the same time, I only saw these guys at college and never found out what the work was they did, I did however pass the florrie every day while working on grant jobs in the dingle every day for about 3 years, it is a lovely building

How did the meeting go?

Is there any news of development?

BBC Radio Merseyside and a photographer were outside earlier in the week. The rear is being cleared to make a compound for the workers. Work should begin very soon, I would guess.

played footy here in 5 a side in the bottom gym great big pillars got in the way and the floor was tilted down...... then got into a cold dirty shower..................... if going to save it do it properly ..................make our young ones proud then maybe they might enjoy our heritage but more importantly enjoy their youth have their own stories of the Florrie ................. Please Please young scousers preserve our memories but the most important of all........MAKE YOUR OWN
    Last edited by essexscouse; 06-25-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    BBC Radio Merseyside and a photographer were outside earlier in the week. The rear is being cleared to make a compound for the workers. Work should begin very soon, I would guess.
    Excellent to hear! Thanks, marky.

Cheers

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

I drove past the Florrie just the other day and noticed it seems to have been all gift wrapped for Christmas in shining tarpaulins , so does that mean that work has started at last? Anyone know who's given the prezzie and who's going to receive it when it's all finished?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345