Thread: Faith Healing

Blog Entries

Default Faith Healing

Can anyone remember Pastor Edward Jeffries who came to Liverpool during the 1930's and conducted many faith healing services? He opened the church in Wellington Road(off Park Road)and when he left Pastor Parkes took over.
    People queued to get into the churches where he preached.

Partsky

Default Anyone know any faith healers or anything about it?

Sorry. Unknown to me but would like to know more about it. Hope someone knows. Does anyone have any views on faith healing? Have had a couple of spells in Clatterbridge and occasionally people mention faith healing to me. I have never been tempted as I dont really understand it or know about it. This pastor guy sounds like an interesting bloke. I would like to know what happened to him too.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Dodgy if you ask me. I have yet to see "The hand of god" heal someone .
    I am open minded but I need proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Partsky View Post
    Sorry. Unknown to me but would like to know more about it. Hope someone knows. Does anyone have any views on faith healing? Have had a couple of spells in Clatterbridge and occasionally people mention faith healing to me. I have never been tempted as I dont really understand it or know about it. This pastor guy sounds like an interesting bloke. I would like to know what happened to him too.
    Though I don't have any particular belief in "Faith healers",as it were,there is definitely some effect to be had from this,as it can,and has, re-enforced peoples "Will" to live,or get better! Psychological yeh,but the mind can be powerful thing,once it's positively activated!

I believe in faith healing, faith in my doctors.
    When the smoke has cleared and the bullets cease.another soldier rests in peace. The politicians who caused the fight, rest at home no danger in sight

Partsky

Default there are more things in heaven and earth........

Yes, I too am a fan of orthodox medicine. Its kept me going for about 4 years now so there must be something in it. However, like some of the other posters, I do believe a reinforcement of willpower may be involved although I have to say I also believe sheer luck is involved in survival. In my case, that is certainly statistically so. Mind you, I have always believed that some people must, even a tiny minority, have some powers to heal. I am not speaking in personal terms but simply as someone who thinks its a big world and some things are not always explainable. After all, what is the "proof" of romantic love. Sociologists say we "love" people in our social strata because we are conditioned to do so. Obviously, most people, including me, dont believe that, so why is faith healing so different? I doubt sincerely whether I would ever go. I have seen to many desperate people who would pay ANYTHING, or go ANYWHERE for healing, orthodox or otherwise. After all, isnt that what Lourdes is about for most people. If we used to have the powers of other senses that animals still have, perhaps we have other powers we have lost, dont use, or just SOME of us have.

I've heard of Faith Brown. Any relation?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Partsky

Default Faith Brown!!

Ged. You card. LOL

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I believe in faith healing, faith in my doctors.
    A lot of people have lost faith in their gp's here Bernie.

Faith Brown, hasn't she got a huge pair of feet ?