Thread: Popeye The Sailor vs the Japanese

Default Popeye The Sailor vs the Japanese

Hi One for the Oldies, Enjoy.
    Reg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQoktCc-NM
    thaithyme

Blog Entries

Thanks Reg,
    Brings back the memories, not seen Popeye for a few decades .
    Cheers. BRIAN

Blog Entries

Looks like me fighting the Japanese. Hope me Japanese friends don't see that, I'll get no more Suishi.

Blog Entries

Yesterday I saw a four hour film on Shackleton`s voyage on Endurance, from 1914 to 1917, to the Antarctic, the wreck of the ship and the long journey to get help and rescue, one of the greatest feats of survival. In March I went on a trip to the Antarctic and followed some of the trip that Shackleton did from the Weddel Sea to Elephant Island and on to South Georgia. He died there in Grytviken, 5 January 1922, on his last expedition with a heart attack before he could set off.
    The photos are of Endurance being crushed by the ice, Ice bergs in the Weddel sea this year and me at Point Wild, named after one of his men, where they waited 4 months 20 days for rescue, and the grave of Shackleton in Grytviken, the small cemetery there has around twenty graves of whalers and sailors, one grave is the one man killed, an Argentino Sailor, by the Marines in the Falklands war. Interesting place.
    Whenever people visit Shackleton`s grave, they have a little service ending with a tot of Rum and then the final tot is poured onto his grave. I am sure he would appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ENDURANCE ICED.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	11460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Endurance3 IN ICE.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	11461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ENDURANCE CRUSHED.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	11462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ENDURANCED LISTING.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	11463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10_cairdelephant island shackleton leaving.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	11464  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANTARCTICA 064.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	11465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANTARCTICA 249.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	11466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHACKLETON`S GRAVE.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	11467  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    Yesterday I saw a four hour film on Shackleton`s voyage on Endurance, from 1914 to 1917, to the Antarctic, the wreck of the ship and the long journey to get help and rescue, one of the greatest feats of survival. In March I went on a trip to the Antarctic and followed some of the trip that Shackleton did from the Weddel Sea to Elephant Island and on to South Georgia. He died there in Grytviken, 5 January 1922, on his last expedition with a heart attack before he could set off.
    The photos are of Endurance being crushed by the ice, Ice bergs in the Weddel sea this year and me at Point Wild, named after one of his men, where there waited 4 months 20 days for rescue, and the grave of Shackleton in Grytviken, the small cemetery there has around twenty graves of whalers and sailors, one grave is the one man killed, an Argentino Sailor, by the Marines in the Falklands war. Interesting place.
    Whenever people visit Shackleton`s grave, they have a little service ending with a tot of Rum and then the final tot is poured onto his grave. I am sure he would appreciate it.
    If I remember right Captain, tha Argentine sailor was killed on the Santa Fe, it was an Argentine submarine. A boot neck, thought he was tampering with some stuff and shot him. Less said about the Marines the better.

They were brave fool hardy guys in that expedition. Nice photos.

Blog Entries

You are correct Pablo. he was on the Submarine, and he made a false move, I was told there, towards some kind of valve, and in any kind of armed conflict it is not recomended to make a false move in front of your armed captors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    You are correct Pablo. he was on the Submaine, and he made a false move, I was told there, towards some kind of valve, and in any kind of armed conflict it is not recomended to make a false move in front of your armed captors.
    Unless you're gonna take his weapon and slink away. Bit hard on a sub.

Blog Entries

I think I have [put this one on the wrong thread, it should have been on the Gallery one. I will do it again later.