Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bus Trips

Blog Entries

When i was a truck driver I would often give people a lift,especially at Brent Cross when they were heading north. During the summer of 81' I gave a kid a lift who was heading for Tyneside. He'd been down in London hoping to get a job and had failed ,this was his return home. He was a Newcastle man and had lost his job during the Thatcher upheavals, I felt sorry for him and told him to get aboard. When we were on the M! he asked if he could take his boots off as he had'nt had them off for a week, I nodded yes and he "peeled " them off. The cab was filled with a dreadful aroma and I had to open the side windows. He rested his feet on the dash and fell into a blissful sleep. I let him off at Watford Gap as I had to go up the M6. The dashboard of my truck was scarred by the marks his feet had made. I got rid of the smell but those Geordie footprints were there forever,
    BrianD

Blog Entries

Ha, picked up a few like that meself Brian. I picked up a smartly dressed lad at the North Circular going to Manchester. He was rank. Never smelt anything like him. I took him all the way to Haydock too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12