Thread: Paul Barber

Default Paul Barber

Born in Liverpool 1951, he played the part of Wes in ITV's 'The Brothers Mc Gregor'. Perhaps better known as Denzil in 'Only Fools And Horses'

Chris48

I've just read Paul Barbers Autobiography called "Foster Kid". It is a good read and centres mainly on his childhood and how his parents died and left him and his siblings as orphans. It is a very sad story of how they were treated and split up by the authorities to various foster carers to the point of being bathed in bleach to make their skin lighter ! His real name is patrick Barber and is the black actor in "Only fools and horses" as Denzil. He was from Crown Street/Upper Canning street and I would recommend the book as well worth a read.
    Last edited by Chris48; 05-31-2008 at 11:34 AM.

I'll look out for that book Chris. I like to read a good biography.

He also played Errol the Ponce with Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday
    It is Accomplished

Plus he is in the new thing called THE INVISABLES BBC 9 oclock.

Default Abbey Road

I knew Paddy quite well as a kid we were shacked up together in Sydney house by Sefton Park it was a working boy?s home only I was still at School but they put me in there. Paddy was very tall and very loud you always knew when he was there and he would sing or tell jokes. He never bullied anyone and with his size he was perfectly able. Sometimes he would annoy me as he would dominate the lounge but it wasn?t real annoyance we all had to accept he was in the room. He was always doing something and would try and involve other people. I always remember how big his hands were he would put them up against mine to compare the size. I remember when he got his first break it was the musical hair at the Empire and he queued up for hours just to get the audition. I always like to see him on telly as he came from nothing and made a life for himself fair play to him.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

The Film 'Dead mans cards' is brilliant and shows his tougher acting side. He also played a great part in the 51st State.

Default Full monte

I saw him in the full monte not long ago on video I thought he played a good part in that.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Did he play one of the brothers, in the comedy series The Brothers Mcgregor.
    It was about two brothers, one black and one white who had a car lot in Liverpool