Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roads

Blog Entries

Tunnel Rd was chocker tonite too. They've started building the houses along side. I don't think that had anything to do with it although they are strengthening the bridge by The Moorish Arch.

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    There are signs gone up informing motorists that Holt Road (between Edge Lane and Kensington) is to be closed for 3 weeks from the 15th. Does anybody know why?
    The closure of Holt Road is apparently to allow the renewal of a water main. The works are also going to affect Kensington and Deane Road.

Default New closure shock for Renshaw St

A BUSY city centre road paralysed by roadworks two years ago is to be dug up again.

Motorists coped with 12 months’ of traffic chaos during 2005 when Renshaw Street underwent £4m worth of improvements, along with neighbouring Berry Street.

But diggers, cones and teams of workmen will be back on the main route early next year as part of an ongoing scheme to replace Liverpool’s Victorian water pipes.

More...

Default Now all roads will lead to Paradise

MORE big changes are planned to city centre roads to help shoppers get to the new Liverpool One Paradise Street shopping district.

North John Street, Stanley Street and Cumberland Street will be affected in the latest stage of the controversial £73m City Centre Movement Strategy.

More...

We’re facing roads chaos
    Oct 29 2007
    by Neil Hodgson, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL is heading for rush hour gridlock by 2011 unless transport chiefs act fast.

That is the prediction from transport authority supremo Neil Scales.

More...

Blog Entries

LIVERPOOL’S road network must be re-examined in the light of the continuing absence of Merseytram, an independent review has ruled. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Edge Lane is finally about to become two lanes in each direction again after 18 months of chaos. Was it really necessary just to add some fancy lampposts, smrt pavements and a smoother road surface?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Edge Lane is finally about to become two lanes in each direction again after 18 months of chaos. Was it really necessary just to add some fancy lampposts, smrt pavements and a smoother road surface?
    Yes! I'm sick and tired of travelling around this city seeing nothing but a poor streetscape. Poor roads/pavements, rusted street furniture, wonky signs and general dirt are an all too common occurance in this city. It's about time we started taking some pride in where we live. The improvements to edge lane are a great example of how to do this. I just hope that more improvements are made away from city centre routes in mainly residential areas such as prescott road and rice lane which are in an awful state.
    Lets not forget that improvements to edge lane didn't just involve putting up new lights, it also involved the creation of better junctions/pedestrian crossings and the creation of off road parking to keep the traffic flowing.
    The completion of this section of edge lane is only a small part of the wider edge lane project which includes the creation of a new business park and vastly improved housing to bring people back to the area and get more people in to work.
    I applaud the edge lane project for its high quality and broad thinking.

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    Yes! I'm sick and tired of travelling around this city seeing nothing but a poor streetscape. Poor roads/pavements, rusted street furniture, wonky signs and general dirt are an all too common occurance in this city. It's about time we started taking some pride in where we live. The improvements to edge lane are a great example of how to do this. I just hope that more improvements are made away from city centre routes in mainly residential areas such as prescott road and rice lane which are in an awful state.
    Lets not forget that improvements to edge lane didn't just involve putting up new lights, it also involved the creation of better junctions/pedestrian crossings and the creation of off road parking to keep the traffic flowing.
    The completion of this section of edge lane is only a small part of the wider edge lane project which includes the creation of a new business park and vastly improved housing to bring people back to the area and get more people in to work.
    I applaud the edge lane project for its high quality and broad thinking.
    Eh? Do we have two Edge Lane's in Liverpool? For the first time in months, I decided to brave Edge Lane as I wanted a mooch around Halfords and looked forward to a much better road in general. Nothing has changed at all. Sure, we have kerb stones that look cleaner, and that's it. The amount of sign posts from the Rocket to Mill Lane is funny if not silly - too much and you almost miss the speed camera. But what have they done for the traffic in general? They've taken down the foot bridge so you get caught out by the first set of lights. Then further up, you are then greeted by a new set of lights for simply letting one car per year out of the side road. And then when you get to the Mill Lane lights, it's all bunched up as normal. As much as one side of Edge Lane has been tarted up, it is a joke that such a large amount of money has been spent for not helping the flow of traffic in the slightest. Why not take out of the old tram central line and add a lane each way?
    Last edited by Cadfael; 12-17-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Horrocks Avenue, Garston is looking great after its recent renovation. Such a lot of money on such a short piece of road, lovely though.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    [B]
    This plus the Matchworks 2 development opposite plus the development of The Old Firestation...
    Did my firefighting training at that firestation when I was in the Merchant Navy. How to put out oil fires with water. Scariest thing I've ever done - requires multiple changes of underwear!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    With grass I hope.

Oh sorry, d'ya mean the perimeter road ?
    Not as bad as Birmingham.
    When we had the G8 summit here (about 1998) somebody didn't like the look of the road verges for part of the route from the airport to the town centre.
    Not wanting the world's finest (oh yeah!) to see the grass looking washed out through car pollution - the crazy feckers sprayed it green.
    Took about two minutes for that to become common knowledge and made the city a laughing stock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123