Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edge Hill Fruit and Vegetable Depot

I ws given this pic by Peter Halligan, don't know when it was taken, but it's an outside shot
    Er....it says the pic was taken in 9th Oct,2009,at 13:30,Mart.

This depot used to be a bustling busy place, fresh fruit vegetables and flowers coming from all over the country by rail being picked up by wagons taken to market and on the tables all over Liverpool within a day.
    Places like Borough Market near London Bridge are now great centres of interest for foodies from all over the world basically it is an glass covered cast iron shed but it has a great atmosphere and local food producers sell what they grow and make, for example, handmade bread, cheese pickles and preserves,vegetables, rabbits for the pot, you name it they sell it, even mulled wine and hot beef sandwiches. It is features on the television programme Market Kitchen.
    The now demolished Fruit and Vegetable Depot would have been ideal for a local farmers market but instead you get a frozen food palace. It really doesn't add up to much progress does it?
    Woolton has a successful French Market, if you go to Ludlow or Chester they have farmers markets ,local meat pies etc.If that space was in Shangahi or Kuala Lumpur it would be a night market with food stalls.There is an alternative to the big shed supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Er....it says the pic was taken in 9th Oct,2009,at 13:30,Mart.
    Georgie P. it doesnt say the pic was taken on that date, that is obviously referring to something like a file date on Marts system. It was demolished years back, You could ,of course be having a little joke however i have ruled that out as you ended with a sarcastic type smiley,,,,,,have a read of the 1st advertising poster to the left of Martys shot Georgie

collegepudding

Georgie P. it doesnt say the pic was taken on that date
    Are you sure

I suggest you save the pic and have a look at its Properties,you'll find a whole host of data that can be got from it ie the Camera was a HP pstc-4200

Yes I'll accept your apology,tsk! ruddy amatuers

Are you sure

I suggest you save the pic and have a look at its Properties,you'll find a whole host of data that can be got from it ie the Camera was a HP pstc-4200

Georgie P. i cant comment on data accompanying martys pic ,i havnt checked and dont need to. ,maybe that data refers to when the image was snapped from off the original photograph, don't know, cant comment. What I can tell you is that Wavertree retail Park was built on that site approx 10-15 years ago, thats the evidence to support my claim
    Yes I'll accept your apology,tsk! ruddy amateur

collegepudding

Are you sure

George, can you get your apology at the ready ....

1) The "SCANNER" I scanned the pic with, is a "HP pstc-4200", NOT the camera as you suggest.
    2) Peter, who took the pic, was approx 30 years ago, which would make the date approx 1981
    3) I'm waiting .....
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

The properties don't lie,Mart...even if it is a scanner it says "Date Picture taken 2009"

Thats when it was scanned ( created ), thats the date I posted it ( jeez )
    Have a look when I posted it - the date, thats not when the pic was taken.

3) I'm waiting .....

Peter, who took the pic, was approx 30 years ago, which would make the date approx 1981
    Then it still would have been Massey's as I was goin to that scrapyard for bits&pieces for me cars.
    His cars where all insurance writeoff jobbies.

George, you're wrong, I have plenty of pics of stuff demolished in the 80s with properties showing 2005 which was when I uploaded the pic to my pc. Explain that unless it was one of those infamous time slips . You've too much time on your hands to be looking into the properties of a pic.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Are you sure

The HP pstc-4200 you see in the properties refers to the equipment that was used to scan and copy/print/transfer the image,in this case it was a Hewlett Packard Printer/Scanner/Copier-4200, hope that helps you and college pudding.

Agreed grekko.

Tsk, ruddy amatuers.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks lads for comfirming to Georgis P. that the shot was not taken in 2009, Good God I have shopped in the Iceland store on the site, 10 years back. As Ged says, Georgie P. must have entered a time warp back to Masseys Scrap yard. I will agree one thing with him though and that is they did indeed Sell write offs and they closed about the early eighties,shortly after which, this pic would have been taken

I will therefore repeat ..,have a read of the 1st advertising poster to the left of Martys shot Georgie ..Yes I'll accept your apology,tsk! ruddy amateur

collegepudding

George ... Apologise .....
    You will never see these two words in the same sentence from our George

George should be too busy with the paintings we ain't seen for a while...
    George, put the laptop down for 5 mins and pick thy brush again will ya and I'll forget all about the apology

Quote Originally Posted by hmtmaj View Post
    George ... Apologise .....
    You will never see these two words in the same sentence from our George

George should be too busy with the paintings we ain't seen for a while...
    George, put the laptop down for 5 mins and pick thy brush again will ya and I'll forget all about the apology

But I wont !

collegepudding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast