Thread: Teenage girl gang-raped on way home

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I knmow what you mean Kevin, an isolated place, out of the way of being seen and heard is not a good place to be walking, even for a fella, even though at 8pm when it first happened, there's still an hour of daylight.
    I thought about when I first saw the news, but decided to be careful as I didn't want anyone to think I was suggesting it was partly her own fault for being where she was.

I certainly tell my two teenage boys to be wary of where they go and to be alert for dangerous areas. It could be just that my risk sensor is over-developed - all the time I was at sea I was visiting ports with very dangerous areas, but you didn't always know which areas they were so you developed a sort of radar for sensing when to get the hell out!

PS
    For all my alertness, I got shot at once (Tanzania), held at gunpoint twice (Tanzania and Houston), and stabbed once (Jamaica). Perhaps my radar wasn't quite as good as I remember?

Apologies - just realised I'm introducing brevity into a very serious thread.
    Last edited by kevin; 05-20-2009 at 12:46 PM.