Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NWDA the enemy of Liverpool

Blog Entries

Nice one guys. No matter who you vote for you end up with second raters. We need to pick out the best from all parties, I think that's how the Americans do it. That should curtail the party system, or at least slow it down. It's a shame that we have a lot of talent in the smaller parties and they're not given a chance. Except for Mandellson and now Lord Sugar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Nice one guys. No matter who you vote for you end up with second raters. We need to pick out the best from all parties, I think that's how the Americans do it. That should curtail the party system, or at least slow it down. It's a shame that we have a lot of talent in the smaller parties and they're not given a chance. Except for Mandellson and now Lord Sugar.
    I am ABC, Anyone But Conservative. I only vote for parties that have social justice on their list. They do not and never have. They have introduced no social laws whatsoever. NHS seeds by Liberals then Labour. Works acts, pensions acts, etc all by Lab or Lib. Only sycophants or confused people vote Tory. Just read a little political history.

The 12 years since 1997 to the world-wide Credit Crunch hit us, which the UK is handling better than France, Germany and the USA, the UK saw the greatest economic boom and sustained economic growth - FACT. I want them to stay in power as they have a great track record. You don't get rid of a winning team. The alternative is frightening.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    I am ABC, Anyone But Conservative. I only vote for parties that have social justice on their list. They do not and never have. They have introduced no social laws whatsoever. NHS seeds by Liberals then Labour. Works acts, pensions acts, etc all by Lab or Lib. Only sycophants or confused people vote Tory. Just read a little political history.

The 12 years since 1997 to the world-wide Credit Crunch hit us, which the UK is handling better than France, Germany and the USA, the UK saw the greatest economic boom and sustained economic growth - FACT. I want them to stay in power as they have a great track record. You don't get rid of a winning team. The alternative is frightening.
    These people aren't Labour. Most of the reform now is coming from Europe.

Blog Entries

These people aren't Labour. Most of the reform now is coming from Europe.
    They are Labour. They have introduced social and constitutional reform. 66 of the ejected Hereditary peers owned between them the eqiv of 4.5 average sized English counties. Anti-social laws are superb. 200 problem families have been removed to give them social lessons, and it is to be upped and about time. Anti-litter measures are becoming effective, except in Liverpool of course. ASBOs, etc introduced. NHS improved beyond any timer in history, etc, etc.

No reform is coming from the EU, they only have limited power.

how it once was?

Blog Entries

Waterways, we will have to agree to disagree. These politicians are a disgrace. All parties, and the next will be no different.

Blog Entries

Waterways, we will have to agree to disagree. These politicians are a disgrace. All parties, and the next will be no different.
    I am only interested in facts:

I always think, where were they in the past 12 years? Selective amnesia clearly set in about anything pre-1997. And where were they in the years from 1997 to the world-wide Credit Crunch, that came in from the USA.

FACTS.....
    • The city of Liverpool has changed immeasurably in the past 12 years - but maybe those buildings are all cardboard cutouts.
    • Maybe the strongest economy in the world for 12 years, was a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the strongest currency in the world for around 12 years was a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the super low interest rates were a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the super low inflation rates were a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the longest ever economic growth in British history, under Blair/Brown was a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the boom and bust of the Thatcher/Major years, and absent under Labour were a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the near zero unemployment was a figment of our imaginations.
    • Maybe the economy so strong that we could absorb 1 million eastern Europeans was a lie - who were all those Polish fellas then?
    • Maybe the Brown G20 world-wide rescue plan was a lie - it is now being reported by a number of economists in a few countries, that the recession is now over.
    • In many respects a worse financial crash than 1929, but no soup lines, so well plugged, and no massive unemployment as was predicated 18 months ago.

Look at the facts that matter to a country at large. The Labour government over the 12 years from 1997 been the best in modern times. They plugged the Credit Crunch too - G20 meeting in London, etc, did anyone read the papers and watch TV?

The history over the past 100 years is enough to give the Tory Party a wide berth and cast to oblivion. In 1918 only 10% of men had the vote. The Lab and Lib enfranchised the working classes and full voting ensued. Then look at it over that past 30 years - disaster. Yet one generation does not learn from the previous and makes the same mistakes.

The Labour party introduced the housing policy for the soldiers coming back from the war, Homes for Heroes. The Liberal government however was a bit backwards, however brought in the national insurance act, employment, education and the first seeds of the NHS, with Labour fully implementing post WW2. People just forget the great achievement from the past. The Conservative Party, well what they have done during the past was clearly disastrous and giving them another chance to do so again? You must learn from history.

The Tories have opposed most social reform, brought in little to none of it themselves, having repealed a lot of it at times. Most people in the UK are Lab or Lib and of total eligible to votes only about 20% go to the Tories, yet they get in far too regularly and ruin matters

The Tory Party has a naive Eton old school boy shadow cabinet. All old school chums - how cosy for them - all with silly those arrrcents. The sort of thing you see in third world countries. Mainly from the same school and unis and always have been. Only two unis matter to them, as the other 97 are dismissed as not being "the right type", so all the rest are capable of ruling. Trust the economy with them? Are you serious?

World-wide, Liberal/Social Democrats improved the living standards and quality of life of people. In the 1950/60 the country was supposed to be economically contracting, yet living standards for the masses were rising. The poorer, the vast majority of the people, were getting more of the share. The rich were not as rich and said the country was going to the dogs. My Dad didn't give a toss about shedding an empire, all he was concerned about was the standard of living for his family, which was rising because of social justice.

Tory PM, McMillan said in 1958, "you have never had it so good". What tripe!!! The country was full of slum housing with millions without running hot water or inside toilets. I wonder who he was talking about? Many slum dwellers actually believed him as well.

Do not tell yourself lies and believe them. Look at facts.

how it once was?

Blog Entries

OK Stalin, Labour are great. Everyone else is rubbish.

Fair dues. Which bits of Waterways comment can you actually disagree with?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petromax View Post
    Fair dues. Which bits of Waterways comment can you actually disagree with?
    It would take far too long. Labour have done some great things. Just don't think this Government have either done much nor is it Labour. Wasn't there a guy transferred to St Helens a while ago. He had a butler down south and he was the Labour MP for St Helens. Travesty. There are probably some great local people who could have done that.

I lived overseas for a while. We had a maid and a gardener. We gave them a living. Does that make me a Tory?

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

I lived overseas for a while. We had a maid and a gardener. We gave them a living. Does that make me a Tory?
    Not at all. It makes you a lucky so and so

stan howard

Default the nwda peel holdings

harry i thought that the nwda and peel holdings were the same company until; i read that the new head chap at the nwda is the ex head chap of peel holdings. i dont know how i could have got mixed up.

Blog Entries

I lived overseas for a while and had two rent boys. Does that make me gay. Come to think of it....

Blog Entries

OK Stalin, Labour are great. Everyone else is rubbish.
    I only go on facts. Stalin? I detect brainwashing here.

how it once was?

I lived overseas for a while and had two rent boys. Does that make me gay. Come to think of it....
    No, not gay - just greedy...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast