Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Garston News Views and Discussion

Default KNIGHTS ?????????

Can some old Garstonian help me please...I am 58 and I don`t know the answer....I have had contact from someone in Mexico....his family were the Hurst family from Duke St (next to the Duck) in 1871.....he also has an address for one ancestor as KNIGHTS ?????????...he says its unreadable....anyone any ideas please..is it Street/Grove etc.....allan

Default Knight St

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfive View Post
    Can some old Garstonian help me please...I am 58 and I don`t know the answer....I have had contact from someone in Mexico....his family were the Hurst family from Duke St (next to the Duck) in 1871.....he also has an address for one ancestor as KNIGHTS ?????????...he says its unreadable....anyone any ideas please..is it Street/Grove etc.....allan
    All I can suggest is Wainwright Grove with Wainwright being abbreviated to something that looks like Knight. Does your friend have the names of other streets around his Knight Grove. This should help to identify the street.

thanks Taffy....they married in 1862..Edward Hurst and Christiana Matilda Coe both gave the same address on their marriage certificate..Knight ???? supposedly unreadable.....never mind...don`t think we`ll ever find out...cheers...allan

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfive View Post
    thanks Taffy....they married in 1862..Edward Hurst and Christiana Matilda Coe both gave the same address on their marriage certificate..Knight ???? supposedly unreadable.....never mind...don`t think we`ll ever find out...cheers...allan
    I assume your friend is doing his family tree. I'll have a look in the 1861 census for Edward Hurst; he might be at the same address as in 1862. I see that Christiana Coe was born in Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    I assume your friend is doing his family tree. I'll have a look in the 1861 census for Edward Hurst; he might be at the same address as in 1862. I see that Christiana Coe was born in Hull.
    Edward Hurst was lodging in Duke St in 1861 census. Christiana Coe was living in a caravan off Speke Rd. So no joy there then in working our what Knight Street might be.

thanks Taffy...allan

Hello this is my first post, just noticed a few family history posts so was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I believe my GG Grandfather Samuel Brown built McBride Street and a few other streets from what some elderly relatives told my mum years ago. He himself lived in Garston and was a plasterer/builder by trade he died in 1907 aged 47 in Moss Street, his daughters lived in McBride Street, I am just wondering if there may be any records re this to confirm if its true.

Thanks!!

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by loops75 View Post
    Hello this is my first post, just noticed a few family history posts so was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I believe my GG Grandfather Samuel Brown built McBride Street and a few other streets from what some elderly relatives told my mum years ago. He himself lived in Garston and was a plasterer/builder by trade he died in 1907 aged 47 in Moss Street, his daughters lived in McBride Street, I am just wondering if there may be any records re this to confirm if its true.

Thanks!!

Lou
    There are some Garston pre incorporation into Liverpool ( 1902) planning records at the Liverpool Record Office. You may have some luck in searching there

Cheers, I will try there next time I'm in town

Quote Originally Posted by loops75 View Post

Thanks!!

Lou
    Hiya Lou...what`s the family name I was brought up in Bennett St...then lived in Heald St ...next to Moss St and 2 Streets from Mc Bride St....I might know the family name....allan

Weaver Cottage seems a bit out of place (like some of its roof tiles) - it's surrounded by some existing and some closed down industry.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

The old ship on the wrecked shipbreakers yard is too smashed up to take photos now.

I did many 20 minute cycles to Garston for that too!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Why? Did you think it was gonna get better?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Nope, just thought a wrecked boat was interesting enough to visit the shoreline.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Nope, just thought a wrecked boat was interesting enough to visit the shoreline.
    I went to visit,a couple of times,after seeing your pic's of the area,Max! So how, has it been wrecked? I know it was some sort of breakers yard,but there wasn't any sign of it then! did you take any more pic's?

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast