Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supermarkets Plasic Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Marty1 View Post

I'm sure you looked sweet, I'd have put one over my head in case I was noticed !!
    I thought it was taken for granted I always wear one as a hat, Netto's black and yellow goes with any outfit and the Scotty dog logo matches my Westies

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Hi folks, don't forget supermarkets always said in the past that the price of your
    Plastic bag as included in the food prices . Are they going to lower the price now they are doing away with the bags. Don't think so somehow do you.
    Don't hold your breath... the cost of the bags is really neglible in the cost of your groceries.

I can buy far fancier plastic bags (deluxe ones......) for less than 2 pence each. http://www.uline.com/BL_5556/Merchandise-Bags

The bags don't make up much of your bill, and if you bag your fruit you pay for the weight of the bag anyway... Again, it's neglible.

We need something better to complain about what stuff costs at ASDA, Tesco and Morrisons...

I also remember the string bags my mum used to use daily...

Blog Entries

Haha ! Must get some, I'm sure in this cold weather they could be used as a form of baselayer, keep you warm!

Or, put them on your wiper blades and mirrors in the winter to keep them free from snow and ice.

Or, store wet paint brushes in them after you've washed out the paintbrush, I do this when I'm painting.

If I were a plastic bag manufacturer, and supermarkets were going to drop me , I would start the ball rolling now to sell them direct to the public £1.00 for 50 or like industry get your own name or picture put on your bags 5 for a £1.00 not sure of the pricing but you get the idea.
    Or instead of a calender a plastic bag through the door from a taxi firm ..........

Hi folks supermarket cost of bag isn't neglible if you multiply it by the millions of people who use and
    Were supplied with bags!

And I did read in either the Bella or Best magazine ( Dentists waiting room) they make great emergency adult incontinence pants )

Blog Entries

they make great emergency adult incontinence pants
    I'll let you know in twenty years or so, there are lots of ways you can put them to good use !

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

I only like the long ones that fit my back kitchen bin.

Hi folks supermarket cost of bag isn't neglible if you multiply it by the millions of people who use and
    Were supplied with bags!
    It's neglible on your individual bill, so you won't see a "rebate" if they stop using (or charge for) them - which was your original question on grocery costs....

If stock boy Joe takes an extra 10 minute ciggy break it would probably have more effect on your total...

Ok so tesco gets way with saving money because the cost is neglible
    On individual bills, multiply that by millions of individuals and is the cost still neglible. Who is benefiting
    Not you.

Since 1st October 2011 in Wales we've had to pay a minimum of 5p per bag. The Welsh Assembly Government forced it through on the "environmental benefits". It's a pain in the arse to be honest. If you do anything other than a big food shop (where you can use their "bags for life"), or a small shop (where you can carry the items), it becomes like an episode of the Krypton Factor as you attempt an obstacle course containing old biddies and street furniture to reach your car without dropping anything from your overflowing hands.

Nearly had a heart attack when I did my shopping in Bristol the other week and the till-tart started throwing loads of plastic bags onto the conveyor belt. Who did she think I was? Rockerfella? Unfortunately I made an arse of myself complaining about her liberal use of bags before I realised they'd be free because I wasn't on the Welsh side of the Severn Bridge.

Ok so tesco gets way with saving money because the cost is neglible
    On individual bills, multiply that by millions of individuals and is the cost still neglible. Who is benefiting
    Not you.
    Yes, I benefit -- my bill goes up a very negligible amount and I get nice clean plassy bags to take home for all of the other uses mentioned previously...

I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic in your statement...

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Greg View Post
    Since 1st October 2011 in Wales we've had to pay a minimum of 5p per bag. The Welsh Assembly Government forced it through on the "environmental benefits". It's a pain in the arse to be honest. If you do anything other than a big food shop (where you can use their "bags for life"), or a small shop (where you can carry the items), it becomes like an episode of the Krypton Factor as you attempt an obstacle course containing old biddies and street furniture to reach your car without dropping anything from your overflowing hands.

Nearly had a heart attack when I did my shopping in Bristol the other week and the till-tart started throwing loads of plastic bags onto the conveyor belt. Who did she think I was? Rockerfella? Unfortunately I made an arse of myself complaining about her liberal use of bags before I realised they'd be free because I wasn't on the Welsh side of the Severn Bridge.
    Who gets the 5 p?

The govt. as a tax? ...or the supermarket as a big (make that HUGE)profit?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123