Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H Hunt & Son Windsor St Liverpool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    Ged can what he likes. Copyright? Look at the laws. No such thing on the Internet, if you are not making money from it. In short, if you do not want others to use your work for non-profitable means, then don't put it there.

In the past, I put on-line my unis computers on this new thing called the internet. It was an open network between unis and info was free to use and do what you like with. Research between unis was linked. Some addresses required a password to get into. All others were vox-pop.

If these people who want to make money out of a system that was not initially implemented as a money making mechanism, then they should stop putting info on it or go and make their own network.
    Although you/ individuals are ultimately responsible for the content posted, I'm not confortable with anyone posting images without crediting the original source as it could put me in a difficult position in the future.

Please understand John, if that is the case.

Kev

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Although you/ individuals are ultimately responsible for the content posted, I'm not confortable with anyone posting images without crediting the original source as it could put me in a difficult position in the future.

Please understand John, if that is the case.

Kev
    One was from Dave Wood, who we all know. And the others from an open public web site. Flikr I think.

I'll get the names of the those who put them on the open web site. But who is to say they were the originators?
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    One was from Dave Wood, who we all know. And the others from an open public web site. Flikr I think.

I'll get the names of the those who put them on the open web site. But who is to say they were the originators?
    If I was posting one of Dave's pics, I would still credit him, even if he was a regular poster here.

Regarding other pics from Flickr etc, you can directly link to the pic and provide a link back to the photographer's page no problems.

If you down load a pic from Flickr or from else where and upload it to another pic hosting site, it still needs a credit to the photographer.

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thanks anyway John but I wouldn't use anything of Dave's without asking him first, it's no problem for now shots anyway, i'm always out and about. I suspect the first one is an Ainscough shot,copyright held by the LRO for which I have wrirtten permission to publish on my website which is a free site.

As Ringo would say. Peace, love, happiness.....

Then a week later...fcuk off - ha ha.
    Last edited by Ged; 04-11-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Hi Andy,
    I only joined this site today and spotted your take on H Hunt & Son.I worked for the Company in 1961.I have got a lot of info about the company if you contact me.
    Thanks
    Frank

Hi Andy,
    I worked for the company after it left Windsor St and moved up to Woodend Avenue Speke Liverpool 24.
    Please contact me and I will give you some more information about the company.
    Regards
    Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12