Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed Vulliamy: How dare they do this to my Liverpool | Comment is free | The Observer

Nah, I ain't missed it Waterways!
    I agree,fast-buck merchants take the money and run, but there's been little sign of them ,or anyone else for that matter,willing to invest in Liverpool,from the late 60's on! Ged, put the matter well,it might not be everything we want, but it's got to be better than what we had, and the future lies before us! And by the way,boundaries aside,Liverpool ,lost thousands of it's citizen's in those years,it's official

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Ha ha, I thought you'd put that. Don't worry it was a wind up for John Zappa who doesn't let anyone forget the Beatles left. I also left the city when work took me elsewhere AND it is still all our city.
    Maybe i should leave the pool one day. I can't help but hate Liverpool alot.

The Beatles could not record in Liverpool as there were no facilities. Many people wanting to expanding their professions have to leave their home towns and cities. Nothing new in that.
    For a major UK city it's digusting how Liverpool hasn't had things most of the major cities had. Our Airport is a peanut compared to Manchester's for example and then there were and still are too many crapholes and lack of world class facilities for allkinds of businesses.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Ged, put the matter well,it might not be everything we want, but it's got to be better than what we had,
    So we accept 2nd rate. What the pair of you have failed to grasp is that developers would have come in anyhow, and at the city's dictates. The city gave them too much of a free hand. It could have been so much better and that is the case of every large scale project: Liverpool 1, Kings Dock with a glorified IKEA shed, Princes Dock with a car park on the quays and barge depth docks, and now Liverpool Waters and a massive IKEA like shed maybe on Kings Dock too.

The city is screwing up prime site. If these sites are done properly then investment will follow.

Unless it is done properly it is not worth doing. Someone will come in and do it right.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Ha ha, I thought you'd put that. Don't worry it was a wind up for John Zappa who doesn't let anyone forget the Beatles left. I also left the city when work took me elsewhere AND it is still all our city.
    I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this city. If I had the cash I would be right outta here..(today it is definatately not a nice place to raise your kids up)

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    The city is screwing up prime site. If these sites are done properly then investment will follow.

Unless it is done properly it is not worth doing. Someone will come in and do it right.
    We can only hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this city. If I had the cash I would be right outta here..(today it is definatately not a nice place to raise your kids up)
    But where to??? Drugs,etc is everywhere,though I have plans to get off somewhere,one day! This though,would be to get away from city life,in general,not because I'm in Liverpool!(o.k. Crosby, but there's been enough stabbings/shootings round here,to compare!)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post

Perhaps if we screw it up really well (like the millennium dome in london) we'll get the olympics in liverpool in 2020?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redjed1 View Post
    Perhaps if we screw it up really well (like the millennium dome in london) we'll get the olympics in liverpool in 2020?
    The dome is a success I believe. Liverpool, the Olympics? Nah!!! 3020 maybe.

The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123