Thread: Avoiding Concert Square

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Avoiding Concert Square

It seems we should all steer clear of Concert Square these days.

Two men have been stabbed in Liverpool city centre and a man arrested over the attack, Merseyside Police said.

The attack on the 24 and 21-year-olds happened in Concert Square outside the Walkabout bar in the early hours.

A 24-year-old man from the Dovecot area has been arrested on suspicion of assault. The area has been sealed off for forensic examination.

The men's injuries are not thought to be life threatening. Witnesses to the attack are asked to call the police.
    BBC Liverpool
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

It Is to be expected In a big drinking/clubbing area.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

City's Walkabout bar closed indefinitely after stabbings

CITY centre bar Walkabout was closed indefinitely today following two stabbings following the Merseyside derby.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-22763971/

Blog Entries

A LIVERPOOL nightclub has axed its security company after it was closed down in the wake of a shocking spate of violence.

Councillors this week took urgent steps to shut The Cube, at Concert Steps, following a wave of disorder.

A catalogue of alleged incidents outlined at a licensing hearing involved doorstaff assaulting customers.

Now, the club?s management has decided to replace the firm who were employed as bouncers at the venue.

Over the next fortnight, a further meeting between Cube?s management and police is likely to be held before the full review hearing.

The club is considering implementing a new dress code, introducing an identity scanner, using plastic glasses throughout the venue and checking toilets, a common location for assaults, on a more regular basis.

Police took action to close Cube after a series of alleged rapes, glassings and assaults in the relatively-new ?1.25m venue.

Around 2,000 can squeeze into the four-floor building, and since opening in October, violent incidents have erupted there most weekends.

Two women have claimed to have been raped, one in the toilet and another in a VIP drinking section.

Last weekend, disturbing CCTV footage, which councillors banned the press from viewing, showed up to 14 doormen jointly attacking a lone male customer.

Licensing police officers compared the level of disorder to the violence once seen at clubs in the 1990s including Paradox, the 051 and The Buzz.

Cube representatives argue there is a huge footfall of revellers around Concert Steps and violence should not be blamed exclusively on their nightspot.

Today, one bouncer who used to work at Cube said the picture being painted of doorstaff behaviour was, at times, unfair.

He claimed that many alleged assaults had arisen after drunk and aggressive drinkers had confronted bouncers.

But Superintendent John Martin said: ?We are committed to cutting violent crime in Liverpool city centre.

?As a result of community concerns raised about violent behaviour in this club, Merseyside Police has taken positive action to put a stop to it.

?This two week closure order will enable us to work with all parties concerned to ensure that the necessary measures are put in place.

?We work with licensees to ensure that the city's bars and clubs are a safe place to visit.?

LDP
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I'm just glad I did my clubbing when it was 'fairly safe' - but it's no new news really - The Buzz had a reputation of which I never went to (I'm that old I can remember it when it was a bus station haha) but my lady used to go to the Paradox and not see a scrap of trouble either.

The Krazy House was another example - a terrible reputation for fights and stuff and it's probably one of the most decent places I've been to as there are no scallies, just lots of metal fans!

A night out would be starting off in Bold Street (general boozer), a walk around to Chillies 2, mooch around in another pub and finish off in Plummers on Hardman Street. 99% of the time you had a good time and there weren't any arses trying to have a pop at you. These days, I don't touch town with a barge pole because a, people now carry knives and guns openly, b, kids have their 1st pint and want to fight anyone and c, you are always watching your back.

Some of the best nights were lost in a corner of a nightclub dancing my knackers off, these days I'd rather be an old fart and go to my local!

Clubbing were probably mad back in your days too, just not as reported as it now since theres alot more media to report stuff.

Most clubs do dress codes, whats the point? Most of them wear shirts, jeans and fancy shoes anyway when out.

Lol, i ain't been the Krazy House since i was 16 and i remember the doorman always running towards something.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I like Concert Square! Why? Because it keeps all the in one place and stops them venturing into the places I go to.
    Last edited by JMLE; 03-16-2009 at 05:10 AM.