Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobs' Funnies,for the jokes both old and new

Yes he has but if I don't agree with it can't I post my opinion ?

See new post on the Rafa thread,can't be arsed posting it again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Doh View Post
    I seem to remember it was only a few days ago that you were suggesting that we all thought carefully before posting anything. You may have laughed, but can I suggest it was because you didn't put yourself in the shoes of anyone affected by the events in Cumbria before posting this 'funny' story...
    Ha, funny thing is though John, I done these things. I never watched them on the news and tutted. I was there. When you've been under fire, come back and we'll speak...

Blog Entries

Nice one Gash. Love 'em...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronijayne View Post
    I don't get it
    Symptoms : Simpsons

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Symptoms : Simpsons
    Oh Yes!! I have never seen the Simpsons and never will, I grab the remote as soon as I hear the music but I did of course know one of them has blue hair!! *tsk
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    Yes he has but if I don't agree with it can't I post my opinion ?
    Yes, but your opinion might count for more if you gave reasons instead of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil V View Post
    Yes, but your opinion might count for more if you gave reasons instead of abuse.
    Lighten up Lil, why do you come on the joke thread when it's clear you have no sense of humour.

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    Lighten up Lil, why do you come on the joke thread when it's clear you have no sense of humour.
    I think Lil is making the point that laughing about people who were just recently murdered is not considered humorous by most people. The' jokes 'that were put on forums right after 9-11 did not seem funny to a friend of mine who's only son (only child) was blown up there two months after her husband died of cancer.

The people who just had their loved ones randomly shot in the UK are in such pain, it seems so wrong. IMO
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

George

A South African woodworker is applying for a job and must answer three questions!
    Here's your first question," the foreman said.
    "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."
    "Without numbers?" The woodworker says. "Dat is easy," and proceeds to draw three trees.
    "What's this?" the foreman asks.
    "Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says the woodworker.
    "Fair enough," says the foreman. "Here is your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."
    The woodworker stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "'Ere you go."
    The foreman scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?
    " Each of da trees is dirty now ! So it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99."
    The foreman is getting worried he's going to have to hire this fellow, so he says, "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100.
    " The woodworker stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree, and says, Ere you go. One hundred."
    The foreman looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!
    " The woodworker leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree, and says, "A little dog come along and crap by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, which make one hundred... So when I start?"

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    Is THAT you're brand of humour then ? Laughing at something that has just happened in Cumbria ?
    It is YOU that is without humour , either that , or you are far to insensitive , ignorant , or both ! To understand a bad taste so called 'joke' when you see it .
    Or could it be that you don't even bother to READ threads here , you just jump in to defend a mate ?
    The Salvador Dali Lama

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Ha, funny thing is though John, I done these things. I never watched them on the news and tutted. I was there. When you've been under fire, come back and we'll speak...
    I could just ignore this in order to preserve the new-found relative tranquillity on the site, but this is obviously an issue that continues to trouble you, so can you explain in more detail, please? One reading of this might be that, in order properly to appreciate tired old racist/ sexist/ plain sick jokes, it is necessary to undergo an ordeal by fire. Is your argument that humour - any humour - helps you to cope? Or is it that the experience of war has caused you to become desensitised to humanitarian issues? Either way, I can only be glad that I have escaped such a traumatic experience, even if it's left me without an ability to appreciate such 'humour'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil V View Post
    Abuse? He/she only posts to start sh1t. Reasons ? look at all his/her posts.

Quote Originally Posted by John Doh View Post
    I could just ignore this in order to preserve the new-found relative tranquillity on the site, but this is obviously an issue that continues to trouble you, so can you explain in more detail, please? One reading of this might be that, in order properly to appreciate tired old racist/ sexist/ plain sick jokes, it is necessary to undergo an ordeal by fire. Is your argument that humour - any humour - helps you to cope? Or is it that the experience of war has caused you to become desensitised to humanitarian issues? Either way, I can only be glad that I have escaped such a traumatic experience, even if it's left me without an ability to appreciate such 'humour'.
    Fu**in' tosser.

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    Abuse? He/she only posts to start sh1t. Reasons ? look at all his/her posts.
    Please do! And don't just look at them - read them properly. Please let me know if you can point to any instance where I have abused anyone. I admit that I can't guarantee not to have offended someone, but usually it's been when I've spoken out to prevent abuse by others.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast