Thread: liverpool and scottish museum closing down on edge lane

Default liverpool and scottish museum closing down on edge lane

In case people didnt realise we had Liverpool Scottish Museum based in the former TA Barracks on Edge lane. By chance I ended finding out that the museum was about to leave as the building is going to be used for something else. The records ae going and the collection (uniforms medals, etc) may be broken up into other collections. i would love to try and do something about this sad occurence but I'm mad busy , the people who have run it for the last 29 years seem to be at a bit of a loss at what they will be doing to save the collection. If anyone has any premsies that might suit this museu, and especially make it more puiblic friendly I am sure they would jump at the chance to at it.
    the contact details area
    ilriley@liverpoolscottish.org.uk
    www.liverpoolscottish.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    In case people didnt realise we had Liverpool Scottish Museum based in the former TA Barracks on Edge lane. By chance I ended finding out that the museum was about to leave as the building is going to be used for something else. The records ae going and the collection (uniforms medals, etc) may be broken up into other collections. i would love to try and do something about this sad occurence but I'm mad busy , the people who have run it for the last 29 years seem to be at a bit of a loss at what they will be doing to save the collection. If anyone has any premsies that might suit this museu, and especially make it more puiblic friendly I am sure they would jump at the chance to at it.
    the contact details area
    ilriley@liverpoolscottish.org.uk
    www.liverpoolscottish.org.uk
    Hello Steve

Sorry to hear this news. I hope something can be done to keep the collection together and reopen the museum in some other premises. Maybe the authorities could help preserve this important heritage?

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace