IF you did not know, yes it is The Open Golf yet again at the Royal Birkdale, Southport and what a show it is shaping up to become. The event has it's last practice day tomorrow, but if all goes to plan, it will be anyone's guess who will win this year. We are covering the events every day at the Open on Southport Reporter if you want to see all the latest images we have taken.
But I thought would be a good idea to post these small notes that have been issued to the media, should you be going:-
* Remember parking controls are in place and are enforced with a Police removal service... So park in the correct areas or you could find out your car is no longer where you parked it. That includes Blue Badge holders!
* Protect wallets and purses by keeping them out of sight
* Do not leave property, including handbags, unattended
* Do not leave property on show in parked cars
* Immediately report any abandoned property to police
* When using your mobile phone be aware of your surroundings (those attending the Open Golf Tournament should be aware that they will not be able to take mobile phones on to the course)
* Public taking will not be able to take in cameras on competition days!
* No cameras or mobile phones on site! So leave them at home!
* Traffic in and around Southport will be very heavy and public are advised to use Mersey Rail services and busses. Visitors to the event will be able to listen to regular traffic updates on Dune FM 107.9, Radio City 96.7, or Radio Merseyside 95.8.
* Take sensible footwear as the ground is often very uneven!
I will point out that extra trains have been laid on by Mersey Rail for the open... but one note that we will add to that list is that if you are going, rather than getting stuck in the traffic jam, the cramped buses and trains, when leaving Southport, why not get a your dinner in Southport? Their are lots of good places to eat out in, like the Latin Lounge, on Post Office Ave. and Fargo's on Stanley Street, all in easy reach of Southport Station and the Buses, as well as good car parking in evenings. Not only that by from Thursday to Monday the Latin Lounge will be open from 7am to around 3pm then from 4:30/5:00pm to very late serving food and drinks, with Live entertainment in the evenings. In fact most restaurants, pubs and clubs in Southport have got special Open Golf deals on offer to Open visitors.
I hope this helps...