View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Cameron, Hesseltine and Liverpool

[INDENT]"he [Cameron] also reveals Michael Hesseltine will be advising him whether a Conservative Government should fund Merseytram. [leaving his mansion for a while]"[/INDENT]Extract from Ricardo's Law: House Prices and the Great Tax Clawback Scam by economist Fred Harrison ..........[INDENT]In the 1980s Hesseltine led the Thatcher government's attempt to deal with the aftermath of the Toxteth riots. Hesseltine decide that inner-cities should be rehabilitated. Within a mile of Liverpool's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Stadia & Rapid Transit Rail

LFC have been granted planning permission for their stadium in Stanley Park. They desperately need a high throughput Merseyrail station. Hence the adjacent, well not that near, Canada Dock Branch Line being considered for Merseyrail. EFC need a high throughput station at a new stadium, to shift half the capacity.

There is no joined up thinking. It would be best to have a station under the two stadia to allow fans to access the stands directly. This sort of happens at the Amsterdam ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reopening Of Canada Dock Branch for Merseyrail Metro

[B]Liverpool FC and Canada Dock Branch Line[/B]

If LFC want to go over 60,000 in their new stadium they have to provide a station on the branch line, so the extra 15,000 capacity they desire will be expensive. Merseytravel and the Dept for Transport have OK'd it. The station is not exactly right on the stadium and will entail fans walking about 1/4 mile through residential streets which is clearly not ideal. Used for freight to the docks, currently the line is a point to point from ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 'The Dingle' glen, in old photographs

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Hi guys, I thought I'd share with you some old photo's that I've collected of the Dingle area. It features Dingle glen, which was a wooded valley and natural beauty spot leading right down to the Mersey. More notoriously, it was the site of the last duel to be fought in Liverpool - between Mr Sparling, of St. Domingo house, and Mr Grayson, an eminent ship builder, on Sunday morning, 7.00am 24th February, 1804. I've also included some maps and photo's to help you get your bearings. I hope you enjoy,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Moorish Arch Chatsworth Street, Edge Hill, Liverpool

Wrote by myself for the Daily Post, thought I'd share it here:

The Moorish Arch Chatsworth Street, Edge Hill, image courtesy of Liverpool Records Office

THE recent explosion of interest in the city of Liverpool brought about by the build up to 2007 and 2008 has seen Liverpool's historical legacy and achievements embedded firmly in the public mind.

Updated 01-20-2010 at 07:46 PM by Kev

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384