View RSS Feed

johnreppion

Commercial break - weird Liverpool things written by me on sale (half price)

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by johnreppion View Post
On the Banks of the River Jordan - Swan River Press Haunted Histories #7 HALF PRICE

£2.50 / On Sale

Purchase from moorereppion.bigcartel.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jordan.jpg 
Views:	1046 
Size:	375.7 KB 
ID:	24794

On the Banks of the River Jordan (a psychogeographical metafiction)

Written by John Reppion
Cover by Meggan Kehrli
Haunted History Series #7
Postscript

Printings: March 2010 (150 copies)
Style: A5, staple-bound pamphlet
Length: 20 pages

"Going through my notes I came across a mass of material concerning Princes Park—the Victorian park adjacent to where I live—which I gathered whilst researching my book 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool.

The thing is, even though I managed to include several pages of Toxteth tales in my book, there was so much I couldn’t include due to space restrictions. Much of this remainder data is still “raw”: photocopied newspaper articles, printouts, poorly written notes and the like. My first thought was that it should be possible to work through the data and turn it into something resembling a history of the park, but I must admit that I am already struggling. I’m sure there is an obvious angle, a path winding through these disparate elements that would draw the whole thing together, but I’m afraid I can’t see the wood for the trees at the moment.
"

---

800 Years of Haunted Liverpool HALF PRICE

£5.00 / On Sale

Purchase from moorereppion.bigcartel.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800yearscover.gif 
Views:	567 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	24795

Written by John Reppion this comprehensive guide to the paranormal history of Liverpool contains many previously unpublished tales and true-life sightings.

800 Years of Haunted Liverpool takes the reader on a tour through the streets, cemeteries, alehouses, attics and docks of Liverpool. Drawing on historical and contemporary sources and containing many tales which have never before been published, it unearths a chilling range of supernatural phenomena, from the Grey Lady of Speke Hall to the ghost of Liverpool Airport. Copiously illustrated with photographs, maps and drawings, this book will delight anyone with an interest in the supernatural history of the area. 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool is the first complete guide to the paranormal history of the region.

Submit "Commercial break - weird Liverpool things written by me on sale (half price)" to Digg Submit "Commercial break - weird Liverpool things written by me on sale (half price)" to del.icio.us Submit "Commercial break - weird Liverpool things written by me on sale (half price)" to Google Submit "Commercial break - weird Liverpool things written by me on sale (half price)" to Facebook

Comments