View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Bus Depot- Kirkdale

[QUOTE=GeorgePorgie;316667]Tsk! women,they want to know everything. :)

Can't help yer there,remember getting the 25 home from town many a time,it stopped outside TJ Hughes where the pavement has now been flagged and a market set up there.[/QUOTE]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Practical Man.

I seem to recall being told that my old man had kept hens in our back yard,this may well be true,other people certainly did, and I'm pretty sure this would have been a common practise in the area around Linden St. and Oliver St. where he grew up in the '20s and '30s.
    I can recall his being an afficianado of budgerigars, he kept them in a table-top aviary in the parlour. However, at some stage, these disappeared to be replaced with several pigeons.The racing of these birds was very popular ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Attitude

Earl Nightingale once said that "Our attitude towards life will determine the life attitude towards us.” Gold sentence was submitted in another way by Helen Keler who said "Optimism is the confidences that accompany your achievement. There's nothing you can do without hope and confidence. "

People are always thinking positive is that successful people, they fill his life with great hope and confidence, otherwise people tend to think negatively often face many obstacles ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized