Blog Comments

What with the sweetheart left sobbing; never been kissed. Ripped from your hearth and kin, driven, rather Harry Potter style, to the dark and foreboding Gothic splendour. [I trust mother had packed spare underwear?]
    More,more, MORE!
    Or the other one "just going though the lean -to, and to the back shed" what that hell is a lean to she say's" a patio to you Lizzie i said the other day I was talking to my mam in Scotland and told her that people said at my age I couldn't have that good of memory I must be making it up, her answer was
    If you had done something all those years ago and you were proud of it, the whole episode/detail will stick in you mind, but something else that you did as a teenager, if it didn't rate your memory would rub it out to the extent it's still there but trying to remember detail would be hard, even though she's 90 this year she still talks sense, I asked our son Andrew what good thing sticks in your mind( here's 30 years younger) When I was 15 started at "hungry jacks"( a take-way) and with my first pay you let me buy my own coat instead of you & mum buying it that was the best
    Phew Mike, you've got some memory! I can't recall what I was doing yesterday!

'Strange sayings' put the wood in the hole.....ha ha ha.
    no the reason i said i will start next Sat was because their was an AFL football match so i started work at 7pm match started at 7.30pm i only did my patrol between 1/4's and 1/2 time, it finished @11pm so filled in the work i was going to do had a cuppa checked the firm's emails, looked at my wages, then started work on here haha Chinese I'm still trying to teach Janice Scouse sayings we have been married 33 years this year and according to her i stii come out with Strange sayings Like " hey you put the wood in the hole"
    Enjoy your down time Mike, brushing up on your Chinese?
    Oudeis, Striped almost naked eye brows plucked, hair's from my legs ripped off face shaved under armpit's, ok good boy now you can have a drink before next session girl I fanced gave me a big pash kiss your a sport? next you can't wear your under pants wears these, under slip, bra next nothing there hang on tissues on top of tissues, then dress mmm but no your legs are a dead give away put these on and shoes Gawd how the women wear them ok now for your hair & face I had to wear LIPSTICK from 12 noon after lunch until 4pm, BUT it was worth it at the end of the night I won 1st prize+ the girl of my dreams ( maureen dont you dare tell my wife) still see her once a year when we have a reunion we take it in turns to go to different states last year it was Charlies in South Australia, photo's like that went up but as Maureen say's YES but you still have your fond memories))
    Oudeis, we decided to ask the English speaking russian tour director can we have a fancy dress night? nie nie ( mean's NO) one of our friends was drinking Vodka nie nie said the 2nd mate that's p----s water you drink my Vodka DAH ( yes) so the first bout started!! I drink you under the table dah dah ok but first we ask captain for wager yes!! captain came down we win we have fancy dress dah? you win we necotable?? Dah dah said captain 6 hrs later we won 2nd mate GO BELOW , Next night we got newspaper and cut paper dolls Crew smiled and helped us decorate, in those day's I was a "4 pint screamer" stupid me one of the girl's I fanced wistpered in my ear will get dressed as a woman? I was that palaletic I agreed that's ok dress & top hahahah I had the work's and I mean the work's
    Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis
    Mike, be a darling and collect your thoughts, I would love to hear your first impressions of you starting life as an 'under-butler' or whatever it was. Great stuff this. I wonder what the local dogs thought of you dropping off all this meat early? I suppose though that in those days people were home to take it in.
    Did your mum get used to the daily box of coal?
    Keep it up mate.
    Oudeis, what's this DARLING? you'll have people talking about us!!! the local dogs you do mean the four legged varity?" after the first day I went back and saw the 2ic and asked him can I open an account so I can buy sausages so I can give them 1/2 so i can get in & out with the meat as they jump trying to get the meat No!! your not paying for them we'll give them to you ( mam got any sausages left over + the coal memorys of those day's and it took her a couple of days but I had to remember to take sandwiches & and a bottle of pop so it looked like I WAS having it on the road but I never had any weight gain then or working on the buses but once I got married in 1978 UP SHE WENT and never to go down I write it down next time I'm at work next saturday 16/7/00)
    Mike, be a darling and collect your thoughts, I would love to hear your first impressions of you starting life as an 'under-butler' or whatever it was. Great stuff this. I wonder what the local dogs thought of you dropping off all this meat early? I suppose though that in those days people were home to take it in.
    Did your mum get used to the daily box of coal?
    Keep it up mate.
    What with a white three-piece suit all you needed was a pith helmet to begin your trek through the outback?
    So...what does a young man look for after his feet light upon 'home' soil?
    Oh, and the language barrier.
    Hope you enjoyed that little inside to my new life in Western Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1
    Great ! have fun if you can.
    I'd love to but she won't come and have fun as well ha ha
    Great ! have fun if you can.
    Marty your welcome I hit that by accident? just of to bed for a few hrs kip have got 7 days off till next thursday
    Yes Woolyback, they were great days, never in the house ! And the girlfriends, lovely girls I think of now and again. As you get older you think more about those times, great memories ! Thanks Wooly !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12