View RSS Feed

Liverpool Picturebook

A site dedicated to photographs and History of old Liverpool

1. Hillsborough - A City Remembers

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Edwards View Post
    The city of Liverpool will come to a standstill today to mark 25 years since the Hillsborough disaster claimed 96 lives.

As the city remembers in silence, church bells will toll 96 times at 3.06pm, the exact time a quarter of a century ago that Liverpool FC's fateful FA Cup match was abandoned as the tragedy unfolded.

The silence will be observed at Anfield, where loved ones of victims will join players, staff and senior representatives of the club among 24,000 people
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hillsborough justice campaigner Anne Williams has died

I would like to express sincere condolences to the family of Anne Williams, who has sadly passed away. Anne who fought for the new inquest into her son Kevin's death in the 1989 football tragedy, had been suffering from cancer.

Kevin was one of 96 Liverpool fans who died in the crush during an FA Cup match at the Sheffield stadium. Anne made her last public appearance
  3. Hillsborough Memorial Unveiling 14th April 2013

I don't normally past modern day photographs on 'Liverpool Picturebook' or write current events articles, but this is an exception. The unveiling of the new Hillsborough Memorial in Liverpool yesterday will be a part of the history of the City of Liverpool forever.

I stood among a crowd of people assembled at the Old Haymarket yesterday, 14th April 2013, to watch