Blog Comments

thanks Roni,I will PM you
    You are amazing. Lauren is too. It must be the hardest most difficult thing in the world to watch your child suffer. You are both made of strong timber and Lauren will lead a full and happy life because you have been strong for her.

I recently had a basal cell carcinoma right in the corner, very close to my left eye and had to have a special surgeon as not many work so close to the eye there as there is so little space, no margin for error. Although a carcinoma is apparently not a big deal and very common, it was position with me, where do they drag the skin from after they cut it out? The eyelid and under they eye........ get the wrong doc and you are in trouble. The point of me telling you this is every time I thought 'I can't do this' I thought of you and Lauren, that mine was a cake walk compared to what you went through and so I never shed one tear, did hours of computer work for the charity I belong to the day after with a black and blue, swollen closed eye, went for lunch in a garden resturant within an hour of having the stitches out five days later(the outside stitches, still a row inside) Went to the beach for four days a week later and walked by the ocean for hours.

I think you really helped me as when I felt down Lauren popped into my mind and I did whatever I needed to do, even in that first month when every movement of my face was agony and looking up and down was so bad. Thinking of how you two got through something SO VERY much worse made me feel like a wimp so I ploughed through it.

Thank you Mandy, sometimes you pass people strength without knowing as you did with me

Roni x

I
    thank you so much Debra,
    its been hard staying strong,especially when I hear of children from the ward dying ,my friends son was given the all clear at christmas & I said to her how jealous I was .......only for him to come back into hospital a few weeks later & his parents being told there was nothing more they could do for him
    its so heartbreaking
    Mandy xxx
    I'm glad you blogged this Mandy .
    First can i say i am very sorry about your friends little boy , i know that words are inadaquate right now .. x
    You have been an insperation here , and a credit , Lauren is an insperation too , a real insperation to all of us , you will come through Mandy , both of you will ..
    I send you both every bit of love and that i have in me .... xxxxxxxxxxx
    Debbie ...