Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The murder of Madge Kirby

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi Steve and AP

First, Steve, thanks for sharing information on this tragic crime with us. Such murders of young children are always sad and unfortunately not confined to that era but still happen today as the Soham case demonstrated.
    I have a pretty little girl who was six last month and have never let her out of my sight when with her. I instruct her not to talk to strange people. However a charmer with sweeties and dollies can easily temp a young girl away.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Default Madge Kirby

Hi,

I'm a relative of Madge Kirby, I always knew that there was a murder on my Grandad's side of the family, but I've only just seen the newspaper articles for the first time. Madge was my maternal Grandfathers' Mothers cousin ....

Is there any new research on this case or does anybody know anything other than the two articles that are on the web? I've contacted the Merseyside Police and even after all this time, they won't divulge anything.

Thanks,
    MissD

Quote Originally Posted by MissD View Post
    Hi,

I'm a relative of Madge Kirby, I always knew that there was a murder on my Grandad's side of the family, but I've only just seen the newspaper articles for the first time. Madge was my maternal Grandfathers' Mothers cousin ....

Is there any new research on this case or does anybody know anything other than the two articles that are on the web? I've contacted the Merseyside Police and even after all this time, they won't divulge anything.

Thanks,
    MissD
    Hello MissD

Interesting to know you are a distant relative of the murdered girl, Madge Kirby.

Because this tragic murder took place one hundred years ago this past January, it would appear unlikely that the crime could be solved at this late date unless some startling new evidence comes to light. In regard to the reply you got from the Merseyside Police, I should think that what you received was the routine reply that they give in regard to all old cases.

If you did not know it, Madge is buried in Ford Roman Catholic Cemetery. There is a page on her at Find-a-Grave.

Best regards

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hello MissD

Interesting to know you are a distant relative of the murdered girl, Madge Kirby.

Because this tragic murder took place one hundred years ago this past January, it would appear unlikely that the crime could be solved at this late date unless some startling new evidence comes to light. In regard to the reply you got from the Merseyside Police, I should think that what you received was the routine reply that they give in regard to all old cases.

If you did not know it, Madge is buried in Ford Roman Catholic Cemetery. There is a page on her at Find-a-Grave.

Best regards

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Nice to hear back from you, thanks for that. Next time I'm up in liverpool, I'll visit the Cemetery. The newspaper articles have been invaluable in my fitting together a family tree. I have been able to trace a descendent of Madge's Mother too.

Best wishes,
    MissD

The lady who runs Old Mersey Times is a good friend of mine, she passed this story onto Slemen in the hope he could help find more info about it. he just took it and made out he had done all the research. it took a word from me to get Tom to mention where he had come across the story.

I was a bit miffed as she does at great job at Old Mersey Times, bringing many forgotten stories back to life.

the Madge Kirby case is one of the saddest stories i have heard.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    The lady who runs Old Mersey Times is a good friend of mine, she passed this story onto Slemen in the hope he could help find more info about it. he just took it and made out he had done all the research. it took a word from me to get Tom to mention where he had come across the story.

I was a bit miffed as she does at great job at Old Mersey Times, bringing many forgotten stories back to life.

the Madge Kirby case is one of the saddest stories i have heard.
    That's a shame Spike, please would you thank her from me and my family for her research. For me personally, her article has been fantastic in helping me to piece together my Family tree as it has details of the chief mourners at the funeral. I'm related to Madge's Dad through my Maternal Grandfather and I've been able to trace a relative of Madge's Mum too as a direct result of the article. I sent a copy of the Old Mersey Times to my Grandfather also and spoke to him about it this morning, he was very interested to see the piece.

It is indeed a very sad story, I always knew that there was a murder in the family, but to read the details as in the OMT article was a real eye opener.

Thanks,
    MissD

I have passed your message on Miss D
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I have passed your message on Miss D

Thanks Spike

That's a shame Spike, please would you thank her from me and my family for her research. For me personally, her article has been fantastic in helping me to piece together my Family tree as it has details of the chief mourners at the funeral. I'm related to Madge's Dad through my Maternal Grandfather and I've been able to trace a relative of Madge's Mum too as a direct result of the article. I sent a copy of the Old Mersey Times to my Grandfather also and spoke to him about it this morning, he was very interested to see the piece.

It is indeed a very sad story, I always knew that there was a murder in the family, but to read the details as in the OMT article was a real eye opener.

Thanks,
    MissD
    Sounds to me that Slemen needs a personality transplant. I wonder if he realises how unpopular he is with the people of Merseyside. Doesn't seem to be a very nice person at all.

Yet the gullible women just keep on buying his haunted liverpool books

My daughter got one of them from a friend actually and was reading it on the plane to our hols the other month, for something to do to pass the time. She's say 'look at this dad - how phoney or what' - then we'd read a bit and laugh out loud. The lady sitting on the third seat in the row noticed the book we were reading and got one of hers out and said 'Oh good, I see you read these too, they're good aren't they' - to which I replied 'you're joking aren't you, were laughing at them'. We did have a good discussion though as to the merits of some of the stories.

All a matter of opinion.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    Sounds to me that Slemen needs a personality transplant. I wonder if he realises how unpopular he is with the people of Merseyside. Doesn't seem to be a very nice person at all.
    He isn't unpopular. Infact Debz (Mrs Z) knows Tom pretty well and she always say's "he's a nice man".
    It's a matter of opinion. His books are a load of tosh if you ask me.

Thanks,
    MissD
    Hi MissD,

Not sure if you're still around, but if so, do you know what happened to David Kirby's sons (was it George and David?) and his other daughter?
    This case has always struck a chord with me (I live in the area), it is the saddest of stories and should never be forgotten.

Best,

S.

Another Liverpool murder bump.

What have you done with your site SteH. Are you upgrading it or something as it was fab?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12