Thread: Ormskirk.

what is the definition of a chav ?

Libertarian

FACT

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs07/northwest07.pdf

Levels of crime by police force area – North West Region (Tables 7, 8 and
    Figure 1)
    Police recorded crime
    • Total recorded crime decreased in all of the police force areas in the North West region, apart from
    Greater Manchester which increased by one per cent between 2005/06 and 2006/07.
    • Between 2005/06 and 2006/07 all police force areas in the North West region saw falls in the
    number of burglaries recorded, with Lancashire showing the smallest percentage decrease in
    burglary (1%) and the highest percentage increase in offences against vehicles (2%). Greater
    Manchester recorded the only percentage increase in violence against the person offences (8%). In
    the same period Cumbria had the greatest reduction in burglary (10%) and Merseyside had the
    greatest reduction in total recorded crime (11%), offences against vehicles (12%) and violence
    against the person (25%). Cheshire recorded the greatest reduction in criminal damage (10%).
    • Greater Manchester recorded the highest rates of burglary, offences against vehicles and violence
    against the person in the North West region (18, 23 and 22 offences per 1,000 population
    respectively). The recorded crime rates for these three offences were also above the overall
    England and Wales rates for 2006/07. In Cumbria recorded crime rates across these three offence
    groups were lower than for other forces in the North West region and the overall England and Wales
    rates.
    • In 2006/07 there were 475,807 recorded crime BCS comparator offences in the North East region.
    Levels of recorded crime BCS comparator offences decreased in all police force areas, apart from
    Greater Manchester which increased by two per cent between 2005/06 and 2006/07.

So much for car theft jokes about Merseyside when Greater Manchester had a higher rate last year.

However, the thread is about small towns, and the figures show slightly higher crime rates for Liverpool as opposed to Cheshire. Not really suprising for a big city as opposed to small rural areas and towns is it? However in 2007 Merseyside showed a significantly larger fall than Cheshire in crime figures. Furthermore Ormskirk is West Lancs right? The figures show a jump in vehicle crime there and the smallest decrease in burglary. These are the objective FACTS
    Last edited by Libertarian; 01-04-2008 at 10:26 PM.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    There are some nice clean places in L/pool but there's a whole load of ugly dirty places,and I mean "a whole load".
    I open my eyes and see all this crap and wonder where all this "great stuff" is (Oh yes,city centre)
    Have you never been to Sefton Park? Lark Lane? Calderstones? Allerton? Menlove Avenue? Princes Park Mansions? Otterspool? Hope St? the 2 cathedrals? (I could go on)

Last edited by Kev; 01-05-2008 at 11:18 AM.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    Have you never been to Sefton Park? Lark Lane? Calderstones? Allerton? Menlove Avenue? Princes Park Mansions? Otterspool? Hope St? the 2 cathedrals? (I could go on)
    Of course I have been there,have you been to Norris Green,Breck rd,Tuebrook,Kensington,Walton where there's loads of boarded up shops,houses,crack dens etc etc I could go on.
    By the way I live in a dirty part of the city,a place where shootings,drugs and stabbings are all part of everyday life here.Ahh you gotta love it.Not!

This link went from being one with nice photos of Ormskirk, to one about grime and crime.
    Unfortunately I don't have any photos to post, but here are some crime figures for Liverpool, Chester, Ormskirk & Manchester

http://upmystreet.co.uk/local/police...liverpool.html
    http://upmystreet.co.uk/local/police...l/chester.html
    http://upmystreet.co.uk/local/police.../ormskirk.html
    http://upmystreet.co.uk/local/police...anchester.html

We can see from these that Chester is about the same as the national average, Liverpool is twice as bad, Ormskirk is less than the average & Manchester - well, don't go!

PhilipG

And there's loads of litter in Ormskirk on Market Days, but then nowhere's perfect.

I'll post some photos of Ormskirk when I've scanned them, and made sure there's no litter.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Ormskirk is great; its where some fellow college students have eloped to for the delights of Edge Hill Uni!

I like the compass at the crossroads; it shows which direction other places are in, and how far away they are!

Getting there on public transport can be fun; take my advise and use the train! The bus goes here there and everywhere, especially when it passes through Maghull!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Libertarian

Default Ormskirk is part of Liverpool

In today's Daily Post T.V's Dead Ringer's Star Jon Culshaw is reported as saying that his home town of Ormskirk is part of Liverpool

"Ormskirk is in Liverpool's field of gravity" he says.

Aughton Street.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

PhilipG

Default Wednesday.

Former Pavilion cinema.

Former Regal cinema.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 01-18-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Larverly

This is PhilipG's photo of Woolworth's, Ormskirk, lifted from the Wooly's thread.

I am hearing reports that a man threw himself off the roof of this building today, through the canopy of one of the market traders, to his death.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    This is PhilipG's photo of Woolworth's, Ormskirk, lifted from the Wooly's thread.

I am hearing reports that a man threw himself off the roof of this building today, through the canopy of one of the market traders, to his death.
    Oh Dear!
    That's spooky.
    R.I.P.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 01-24-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Thinking of going to Burscough and wondering the farmlands are, are they close enough to the canal and train stations.

Burscough seems worthy enough to put up with evil weekend trains for.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Bursough is a really nice place these days; Lancs CC have spent alot of money regenerating the Town Centre, the obligatory posh paving slabs and ornate lighting have been installed with trees...looks great at night!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast