Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I should frame this.

Great comments.

This Is basically how I learn, post on here or TP forums.

And by asking people too.

I took more today too, been taking my time editing them now that I don't use JPEG much.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

both pictures are so nice it's difficult to choose.

Nice one Max! It looks great on my desktop - you even left room on the left for my icons.

Default yes Frame it

Max I mostly go for b/w photos maybe old fashond,but b/w is crisp and clean
    and alltho the colour version is good your eye instead of being focust shift about from sky to boats on the right and is alltogeth less calm.wheras the b/w is calm.I think that;s my answer, other wise can't explain my preference for b/w. on saying that both pics are great, were did you take it from?

Both are brilliant in their own way, well done Max.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gerard

I like em both Maxie Lad and either would look great framed.
    Well done young man

The B/W photo's we get today look somehow too clean and technical. I know that there are effects you can apply in PSP to 'age' them a wee bit and get something like that old B/W texture or quality.
    Do you know what I mean?
    "Nec Aspera Terrent"
    The Kings Regiment

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Monochrome?

Liking shooting pictures In RAW mode though It's more flexible when photo shopping.

It's a digital version of a negative so I can see how It's more flexible to editing.

Going to St Barnabas soon to get a night shot since It's lit up.
    Now you've got my FULL attention!
    I know that RAW is a format which carries a lot more info and is used by pro print works etc. I know it's less lossy and creates bigger files. That's about it.
    I gather that it's better to work with RAW in PSP or Photoshop, is this correct?
    One of my greatest hobbies is digital manipulation/enhancement, though I'm not the worlds best snapper. - I just take lots of shots and hope for a good one.
    What exactly are the benefits of using RAW. I use BMP when I want to work at high magnification at pixel level and only use Jpeg out of consideration for net users and view times etc.
    "Nec Aspera Terrent"
    The Kings Regiment

chippie

Default your photos Max

Well done Max. Take on board the comments made here and do what you want to do fella. More powa to your camera dude.

I prefere the monochrome or black and white to us down to earth, salt of the earth, ordinary folk.

Keep shootin, from the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie french View Post
    Now you've got my FULL attention!
    I know that RAW is a format which carries a lot more info and is used by pro print works etc. I know it's less lossy and creates bigger files. That's about it.
    I gather that it's better to work with RAW in PSP or Photoshop, is this correct?
    One of my greatest hobbies is digital manipulation/enhancement, though I'm not the worlds best snapper. - I just take lots of shots and hope for a good one.
    What exactly are the benefits of using RAW. I use BMP when I want to work at high magnification at pixel level and only use Jpeg out of consideration for net users and view times etc.
    If you've saved the file in raw mode when it is subsequently loaded into a raw conversion program and then saved to a TIFF or .PSD format file it can be exported in 16 bit mode. The 12 or 14 bits recorded by the camera are then spread over the full 16 bit workspace. If you've saved the file in-camera as a JPG than it is converted by the camera's software to 8 bit mode and you will only ever have 256 brightness levels to work with. In other words, the 4,096 to 16,384 brightness levels recorded by each pixel are reduced to 256 brightness levels.

By the way nice pic's Max i like them both.
    Last edited by baztop3; 06-27-2007 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baztop3 View Post
    If you've saved the file in raw mode when it is subsequently loaded into a raw conversion program and then saved to a TIFF or .PSD format file it can be exported in 16 bit mode. The 12 or 14 bits recorded by the camera are then spread over the full 16 bit workspace. If you've saved the file in-camera as a JPG than it is converted by the camera's software to 8 bit mode and you will only ever have 256 brightness levels to work with. In other words, the 4,096 to 16,384 brightness levels recorded by each pixel are reduced to 256 brightness levels.

By the way nice pic's Max i like them both.
    Thanks....Ta....I think.

"Nec Aspera Terrent"
    The Kings Regiment

PhilipG

Originally Posted by baztop3

Quote Originally Posted by eddie french View Post
    Thanks....Ta....I think.
    It's a completely alien language, isn't it?
    Too much for me to learn at my advanced age.

Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12