Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Records office look ups

Hi Ged

I have got 3 pics of Tintern Street Kirkdale
    but there all on the one side of the street,,,i dont know if you remember springy
    he got them for for me a year or so ago,,,and they are great

It would be great to see some of the other side...as my Ninny and Grandad lived there
    i have been told at the top of Tintrern Street and walton rd was Epstiens,,but as a kid i didnt know any different

Cheers

Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hiya Billy, i'm sure we've spoken before about Tintern St, yes I do remember Springy, Ken Roberts, great bloke.

I have 5 pics of Tintern St.

One showing a shop called Traders on the corner.
    One showing a row of houses with a bombed site waste ground to their left
    One showing a row of houses what appear to be facing those mentioned above
    One showing the Tintern Abbey pub
    One with a row of houses and a car, reg No ending 978F.

I assume there'll be 2 out of these 5 you haven't got then, let me know which ones and I'll post them up for you.

Cheers,

Ged.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

just checked Ged

i have got all them ones

that was our old house on the corner with the Morris ouside
    be nice to see some of the other side
    me nins was in the middle opposite the oller
    and i am sure Epsteins was at the of tintern and walton rd

Bill

Hi
    ive just came across your post online,and was wondering if you could help me at all? Iam currently helping my father locate his biological father (my grandfather) and am struggling to find anything!!
    My email address is shulita1@hotmail.com
    i would look forward to hearing from you!
    Thank you for your time
    annlouise

Hi Ged, do you know if they have anything on Durrington Bank and Pavely bank flats?

A google of Durrington Bank Liverpool, returns nothing, like it never existed!

Cheers, Mugsy.

By coincidence, I just received 3 photos of Pavely Bank flats, yet to go onto my site, taken in 1982 near the end of their life. Supplied by a Mark Glover, do you know him?

Hi Ged No, I don't know him. (Yet!)

Those flats must have come down in 83 or 84. I remember me n me mate bunkin off school at Netherley comp, and making a raft from an old door, to go through an old flooded subway!

Got a nail through me foot that day!

I love old picks of stuff like that.

Your Piczo site has gotta be one of the most thourough pic sites of Liverpool, but you never got on the 79 to Belle Vale!

I love your old pics of St Johns, and down past what is now Clayton Square.

Used to go with me Uncle, to pick me Auntie up on a Saturday. She worked in OwenOwen. You'd drive in to church st, and turn ritgh past where the phone shops are now, then park up. Where the stairs are now, that used to be a steep road upto the ABC.

Used to park up by OO's and take the p**s out of the Echo guy. Everytime he shotued Echo, me n me cousin would echo it. I bet he wanted to give us a slap!!!!

Thanks for the comments about my site Mugsy, let's see what I can find for you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All from the LRO showing the flats around Brittage Brow and their demolition in 1982.

More from a private collection to follow.

Thanks for those Ged. The top one I have marked in my favourites in Flickr. I have just saved a copy from your link though!

In the foreground, you can just make out where the kids playground was. I remember they had 2 rockets in there! A swing type & a climbing frame! I remember we would stop there on our way home from the Netherley Show, with yet another goldfish each!

Blog Entries

Brother Ged, I must have mucked up an attempt to p.m. you re your reply to my recent request for you to do the honours at the record office. If my messages miraculously got to their intended destination, please disregard this!, if not,the images I asked about were all of Tunnel Rd, Edge Hill.
    Once again, thanks.
    ~ Red Tom ~

Default can anyone help please?

i travelled to liverpool record office last year (i live in leics) to look up john sephton born 1819 and found one with mother elizabeth sephton (spinster) however i cannot find her maiden name and do not know where to go from here - i have tried to look for elizabeth sephtons around 20-30 yrs before john was born to no avail, would there be a vestry book with this in? he was baptised in st peters liverpool, i found a chap called mr h peet wrote out all the vestry books in liverpool but do not know if this would be in the record office? if anyone visits the record office could they ask for me, i would be very grateful, with thanks.

If Elizabeth Sephton was a spinster then that is her maiden name they are one and the same, hope you find what you are looking for

Hi Gnomie.
    I would like a look up if you have time, I'm in Belfast and can do you a reciprocal search here if you need one. I'm looking for the details of a burial for my great grandmother Fanny Harvey, Died 28th May 1873 while living at 48 Porter street. She was married in St. Augustine's RC church that was in Great Howard Street.to my Great grandfather James Harvey July 1870, she delivered twins in 1871 and seemingly went down hill since the births. James wasted no time and Married about 1874 to Elizabeth Dixon they then moved to Dublin. Any info on this second marriage which was probably C.O.E this time would also be welcome, look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the forum or as a PM. Regards Belfast beau.

Hi, I would also like a look up if you have time.
    Mary Jane Howard b 1848/9 Liverpool. Her birth is not on Free BMD. Her baptism in not on Lancs On line parish Clerk or IGI. Her father was Richard Howard, Mother Elizabeth Howard (Nee Cowley). The baptisms for St Peter's for late 1848 and 1949 are not on Lancs OPC yet.

If it is not St peter's then they lived in Gascoyne st may be a catholic church or one in Vauxhall??
    If any one has any ideas please let me know. We ahve been looking for her birth for years.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lynne99 View Post
    Hi, I would also like a look up if you have time.
    Mary Jane Howard b 1848/9 Liverpool. Her birth is not on Free BMD. Her baptism in not on Lancs On line parish Clerk or IGI. Her father was Richard Howard, Mother Elizabeth Howard (Nee Cowley). The baptisms for St Peter's for late 1848 and 1949 are not on Lancs OPC yet.

If it is not St peter's then they lived in Gascoyne st may be a catholic church or one in Vauxhall??
    If any one has any ideas please let me know. We ahve been looking for her birth for years.
    Thanks
    Hi Lynn,

I found no record for Mary Jane, but I did find what I think is a record for her
    brother George:

Name: George Howard
    Birth Date: abt 1842
    Baptism Date: 11 Jul 1842
    Parish: Liverpool St Peter
    Father's Name: Richard Howard
    Mother's Name: Elizabeth Howard

This family lived on Gascoyne St, Richard's occupation is laborer.

If you'd like the original baptismal page, please pm me with your email address
    (new here and not sure if posting the page is acceptable and not sure if you'd
    want it posted).

There's what seems to be a well sourced family tree on Ancestry for Mary Jane.
    By 1861, her Mother Elizabeth has remarried to Maddison, in 1865 MJH marries
    a Harrison in St Peter's Church, it has details of her death and burial and probate.
    I don't know how much of this you already know or have, but let me know what
    you're interested in.

LT

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast