Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton District

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Can I bring that model and me book Gerard and i've got Cilla's 'Anyone who had a heart'
    As long as yer behave yerself Lad..I know all about you after 3 shandy's !!.

Sherr...OOoooooo

Gerard

Av yer got Rrrr Cilla doin that "Alfie" ditty !!

Dunno Gerard. What's it all about?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default knees up

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    No mate I wanna know how you can say its one of the worst areas in England and all you do is Pass it on a Bus.
    I do live in the Area just Past the Wallasey Tunnel and I can tell you its far from depressing..
    The People are that close in fact we are Having a Street Party in the Summer..
    Yer Know..A good old Scottie Rd Knees up...D'yer know what one of them is..
    i agree with you 100% ithink those days are gone in most of the city last knees up we was when lpool won euro cup in the 70s i was brought up in anfield just found out i was related to john forrester who lived in bispham st he was killed in the holycross bomb in the may blitz with most of his family i think 8alltogether so now i like to look and read all about the area keep the good work up
    Last edited by shank; 03-16-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Libertarian

This is my question. I wanted to know why unemployment is high in Everton and other parts of north Liverpool; and why such a lot of people who live there are not active in the labour market, eg are on Invalidity Benefit

Any answers?

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    This is my question. I wanted to know why unemployment is high in Everton and other parts of north Liverpool; and why such a lot of people who live there are not active in the labour market, eg are on Invalidity Benefit

Any answers?

Yeah...Blow it out yer Arse..

Place called Radley just outside of Oxford City.

Angry

Its cos theres nobheads like you who pay our Giros every fortnight ya weapon!!!

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by gilly10 View Post
    Take no notice gilly Lad..This Beautane is no Scouser mate..He couldn't even answer when I asked him where he Bevvied..Its a wind up mate..

Libertarian

Sorry if I don't genuflect at the shrine of Scottie Rd. As for not being a scouser you are right I'm not I'm a Liverpudlian. The city of Liverpool's greatness was built by its middle class. Which also raises the point of why Liverpool is always associated with its poorest areas such as Scottie Road?

Sorry if I don't genuflect at the shrine of Scottie Rd. As for not being a scouser you are right I'm not I'm a Liverpudlian. The city of Liverpool's greatness was built by its middle class. Which also raises the point of why Liverpool is always associated with its poorest areas such as Scottie Road?
    Because the middle class wouldnt get their hands dirty. The people of Scottie and Vauxhall Roads went own the docks every day to load and unload all the goods that brought welfare for the shipping owners. Its Scottie Road where he real communities lay not behind the gates and long driveways of the mansions of the outlying districts.

Blog Entries

Sorry if I don't genuflect at the shrine of Scottie Rd. As for not being a scouser you are right I'm not I'm a Liverpudlian.
    Mr 'Burban, Mr Waterways has a similar view to you, that's the exact thing he's say too. Count yourself lucky mate.

Which also raises the point of why Liverpool is always associated with its poorest areas such as Scottie Road?
    Are you talking about media predudice now, poor stereotypes etc?

Just a note to everyone, remember the forum rules
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Place called Radley just outside of Oxford City.

Thumbs up

I wouldnt mind that meself lad, looks good! Can I access that somewhere??

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    My Scottie Rd Slideshow..How many copies did yer want Laughin' Gas..

Ged I'm not ****ging off the people of Scottie Road in any way. My original posts were about how Project Jennifer will improve the Everton area. I also asked if anyone had any suggestions how the area could be reintergrated with Islington and the centre?

Clearly the 'improvements' of the 60's had a bad effect on Everton and for years problems like depopulation, the colla[pse of traditional industry, have had a negative impact on the area. However, it is accepted that there is still a strong local pride in the area, great its nicem to have pride in where you are from.

My point about it being depresssing is simply that the area has suffered over the years and as one of the main gateways into the city the appearance could be improved. That doesn't mean there iss something wrong with the area just that it could be better and thuis benefit everyone.

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by gilly10 View Post
    Proves my point EXACTLY on unemployment

Hope David Cameron makes em work for it.

Gerard

Ged I'm not ****ging off the people of Scottie Road in any way. My original posts were about how Project Jennifer will improve the Everton area. I also asked if anyone had any suggestions how the area could be reintergrated with Islington and the centre?

Clearly the 'improvements' of the 60's had a bad effect on Everton and for years problems like depopulation, the colla[pse of traditional industry, have had a negative impact on the area. However, it is accepted that there is still a strong local pride in the area, great its nicem to have pride in where you are from.

My point about it being depresssing is simply that the area has suffered over the years and as one of the main gateways into the city the appearance could be improved. That doesn't mean there iss something wrong with the area just that it could be better and thuis benefit everyone.

End of as far as I'm concerned Suburban.Youv'e had your say and I've had mine..I couldn't be arsed Arguin'...But I'll tell yer this mate..You wont meet more Genuine People than on Scottie Rd..
    Theres Places I dont Like in Bootle Mate..I dont come on here though ****ging it off..I know too many people up there to do that....Plus we get enough F'n stick without having a go Ourselves..The last Comment I'm saying on this.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast