Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Jack is often used as a nickname for John, like the way Peggy is a nickname for Margaret.
    And I only found out this week Buffy is short for Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Ah, I was just reading that thread as well and spotted your post with Johnston's full name and thought he got the name wrong.
    Although it isn't unusual for Tom Slemen to get things wrong
    It is Accomplished

I enjoy reading his books for the local content, but I certainly would not consider them reference guides to the subjects.His stories are like Chineese whispers, having passed by word of mouth down the years they are far removed from the original tale.....but still entertaining.
    If he is still writing in 50 years time he will have the August riots down as a city paralized and trembling in terror as gangs of armed thugs roam the city at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefrab View Post
    And I only found out this week Buffy is short for Elizabeth
    I didn't know that one.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

he will have the August riots down as a city paralized and trembling in terror as gangs of armed thugs roam the city at will.

I didn't know that one.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Yep discovered it via BBC4's Only Connect quiz

I believe 'Buffy' was the Queen Mother's nickname......... not sure if she was a Vampire Slayer?!

Well, you learn something new every day !

Well, you learn something new every day !
    It comes from years of pub quizzes!...........full of useless information!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie1 View Post
    I believe 'Buffy' was the Queen Mother's nickname......... not sure if she was a Vampire Slayer?!
    No wonder her favourite meal was steak

Footnotes/updates have now been added to the Wallace page on my site after the most recent discussions and findings on here.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    There is still no evidence though to say that Parry WAS Qualtrough Ian! I cannot believe Wallace didn't know Julia's correct age. The photo we all know of Julia was more than likely taken many years before - maybe 30 years before - she certainly doesn't look older than 40 on it (well I don't think so anyway).
    On the contrary, I still think one of the Anfield Housebreaker's is still a viable possibility. I have to say, there is no proof that it was one burglar targeting the area. Many people (a lot of them elderly) have and still allow complete strangers into their homes. A stranger could have told Julia that he was Qualtrough and that he has called on Wallace and that he could wait for his return...It is not an impossibility. After bludgeoning her to death he could have been caught in an overwhelming state of panic and fled - the only doubt I have about that is the lack of blood outside the room...Surely a fleeing killer would have left traces...or if he didn't, then Wallace didn't (which drives me around the bend thinking how he managed to avoid spatter, something which I cannot believe!!)
    I'm just not convinced that Wallace would devise such a plan with an accomplice when he could have dispatched her in a much easier method - and without anyone else knowing.
    With regards to Parkes - he said he was scared of Parry, yet said to his face he didn't trust him. It doesn't sound like he was that scared of him. Yes, it is possible for a deep rooted hatred to fester for 50 years. I'm not saying Parkes was making it up - maybe he wasn't - but I find it ludicrous that a guilty Parry would have disclosed his connection with a murder,
    saying to Parkes regarding the glove; 'if they found that it would hang me...' Hey maybe it was Parkes in collusion with Wallace thereby framing Parry. Parkes worked late at night giving him time to execute the phone call and the murder
    Having a read through this thread again and the controversy over Julia's age is interesting. None of the articles I've read ever mention it and wouldn't funeral services and such be checking up this info?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Having a read through this thread again and the controversy over Julia's age is interesting. None of the articles I've read ever mention it and wouldn't funeral services and such be checking up this info?
    The crux of it is though, whilst she was alive, it is supposed that William knew nothing of this age deception and could his finding out about it have been a cause for murder? I'm not sure even in death whether the funeral directors need to know such things in detail, only what you tell them. However, the registrar making out the death certificate may look up the records. Perhaps someone might know for sure.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I'm pretty sure the funeral services did not check up on the information regarding Julia's correct age. The police didn't even do it during their investigations either.
    I am sure if Julia's accurate age would have come to light the police would have used it: a) As a possible (but tenuous) motive - difference in age, and b) It could also throw doubts on Wallace's character - being party to lying and of a fraudulent nature (it could be argued that he didn't know Julia's actual age but I think he did)

It is Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    I'm pretty sure the funeral services did not check up on the information regarding Julia's correct age. The police didn't even do it during their investigations either.
    I am sure if Julia's accurate age would have come to light the police would have used it: a) As a possible (but tenuous) motive - difference in age, and b) It could also throw doubts on Wallace's character - being party to lying and of a fraudulent nature (it could be argued that he didn't know Julia's actual age but I think he did)
    I feel the age discrepancy is not relevant. Even today some men and women keep their true ages from their partners, and in a lot of cases it only comes to light after their death, and as for a motive for murder from all accounts they had a stable amicable marriage, and what gain would Wallace have from her death, particularly as during any investigation her true age would then come to light.The other thing to remember is that as "Victorians" large age difference between married couples was not unusual.

I feel the age discrepancy is not relevant. Even today some men and women keep their true ages from their partners, and in a lot of cases it only comes to light after their death, and as for a motive for murder from all accounts they had a stable amicable marriage, and what gain would Wallace have from her death, particularly as during any investigation her true age would then come to light.The other thing to remember is that as "Victorians" large age difference between married couples was not unusual.
    Note I did say a 'tenuous' motive
    It is Accomplished

Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast