Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HUNTS CROSS SHOPPING PARK

Quote Originally Posted by AngelCake View Post
    I meant within walking distance and I know the area well enough after spending half the week there for two years. Walking from the house I stayed in to sefton park is quite a trek for most.
    It's a cultural desert too as there are no cinemas and theatres unless I missed them..
    How Strange!! Why would anyone need to walk from Macketts Lane to Sefton Park????

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    , naaa I live in Bootle but gotta travel there each week day. Bootle ain't great, but I wouldn't wanna live in Speke/Hunts Cross
    Really? I lived in Bootle for a while and about 10 years ago I thought it was ok, went back the other week and nothing has changed, it seems to have gotten worse in all honesty. I was quite taken aback by it.

Hunts Cross and especially Speke have improved in my eyes. I can't see anything 'serious' with Hunts Cross at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LiverbirdLou View Post
    Really? I lived in Bootle for a while and about 10 years ago I thought it was ok, went back the other week and nothing has changed, it seems to have gotten worse in all honesty. I was quite taken aback by it.

Hunts Cross and especially Speke have improved in my eyes. I can't see anything 'serious' with Hunts Cross at all.
    I guess it depends on the area in Bootle. I don't live where everyone wants to move to, but it seems harmless enough and I don't hear lots of rowdy gangs here. I have noticed a few more broken windows lately though so maybe it is getting worse.

I know I'm older and stupider but a few years ago, I'd never have walked down Marsh Lane at night, but I've done it a few times since and survived.

I only really see the industrial part of Speke and have only seen the train station area of hunts cross, so they both look drab. It's not like I've got time to go exploring when I only get 30 mins for dinner

thats true. I used to live off Linacre Road, I guess you would class that more as Litherland, it was alright. Few gangs but it calmed down. I like Bootle, there is a lot on your doorstep and its handy for town if you work there!

The good thing about living in the north and south of the city is I could be a bloomin' taxi driver!

I live off Knowsley Rd, but not too close to the park. I was walking down my street before and there was a gang of lads and the obligatory Ugg boot wearing girls outside one of the houses so I guess I'll need to move soon

Are u mums taxi yet ? That car sticker confuses me coz it's really kids taxi, ain't it

In the original plans from the 1930s, Speke should have had a promenade and cinemas. However they have had parks, shops, schools ,banks, pubs and a lot more than a lot of places have had and most of it got wrecked. Its a shame really because there are lots of nice people in Speke and many keep their houses like little palaces. Unfortunately the scum got out of control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12