Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Capital of Culture Opening 300m eyes on Liverpool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I thought the whole event went brilliantly,I'm sure if we'd failed this test the press would've crucified us.I thought Ringo was great and I actually like his song.I'd like to be able to watch it all back so let's hope the culture show (BBC2) on Sunday do it justice,set your video's people.
    In case u want it one more time Paul....

...ringos new single:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...ml?id=3699447n

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thanks Kev I'll have a listen.:

PhilipG

Thanks Mandy and Paul.
    I enjoyed the whole event, and thought the choir sounded beautiful.

Mandy, is your first pic the Wellington monument?
    The spotlight went on St Johns Tower, so I took a photo, and it turned out to be my best.
    Spot the guitarist, because I can't. LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A.D.W View Post
    Good pictures, Robbo.

thanks ADW
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Thanks Mandy and Paul.

The spotlight went on St Johns Tower, so I took a photo, and it turned out to be my best.

it is the Wellington monument Philip

I couldn't take many photos because I had to lift my daughter through the whole show......my arms are aching today
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Thanks Mandy and Paul.

the guitarist was there Phil. he was all lit up when he was playing.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    the guitarist was there Phil. he was all lit up when he was playing.
    Ahh was he playing or doing a mime act?
    Pity Ringo's wasn't mimed.!!!

Well, here is my view on the event:

We thought it was brilliant. We had a good experience and didn't find anything to find fault with.

When we first arrived we stood by the Empire. After a while we decided to go for hot coffee to warm us up, so we went to Lime st station were we queued for half an hour for the coffee .. didn't mind tho' as it passed the time and we would have been standing outside anyway.
    By the time we got the coffee the exits from the station had been closed, except for the Lord Nelson st exit. People were filtered out that way and we got stuck in a solid jam by the side of the Empire. You could not move an inch and I must admit I did get a bit panicky as I could feel the sheer weight of the crowd around me I knew we would have to get out of that bottle neck ! We squeezed out and eventually managed to get around the back of the Empire and around to London rd - past the Scots piper playing liverpool songs on the pipes ... and we found a speck over by the pavement by the Steble fountain. That's where we stayed without any bother. We had a good enough view and we were not too crushed.

I thought the Drummers were great - a very rousing sound, the lights were good, the choir was lovely, the music good, and the atmosphere smashing.
    Everybody cheered for Ringo. ... and why shouldn't they - he is a Beatle isn't he !!

I think we were lucky where we were standing as we didn't see any trouble.

However, I did see some IDIOTS with prams !!! I ask you !! who would DREAM of taking a baby in a pushchair into crowds like that .. and such a bitter cold night too for young children. People were crushing past little children in pushchairs - can you imagine the poor little child looking up to a sea of bodies towering above them - people are so irresponsible.
    ( it's a wonder there weren't idiots with dogs !! .. I have seen this on occasions - soft idiots taking poor dogs to events with fireworks !)

.. anyway, the only complaint I have is that I saw some parents a bit off their heads and drinking beer from a can, and shouting down everyones' earholes, while their long suffering kids looked up at them - in fact there was a point where they lost their kids and security was called - - it didn't stop them form continuing boozing tho' - I moved away from them, as those loud mouth chav types get on my wick.

All in all we had a great time and had no problems.

I was well pleased with the occasion

Default er.......

does nobody care that all of the musicians seemed to be miming????

does nobody care that ringo and the wombats seemed to have singles/albums to promote that are coming out on monday???

does nobody care that all the sinister looking power rangers, i mean, GUITARISTS on the roof of the carpark were not playing their instruments, but in fact looked like some sort of ridiculous silhoutted deathsquad???

does nobody care that at the end of ringo's drum solo (at the start of the event), the music stopped and he was still hitting his drums, despite no sound coming out???

does nobody care that the wonderful sounding choir had no microphones in sight (that i could see)???

does nobody care that the beatles left liverpool just as soon as they could and that the wombats single is called 'moving to new york' (exactly what john lennon did)???

does nobody care that liverpools biggest band of this century, the zutons, were not there at all???? did they tell the capital of culture to f off? PROBABLY!!

capital of culture??? capitalist vultures. i would love to stand corrected on any of the above points, but that is how it appeared to me - i was there. and to me it all looked like a big state propaganda event.

thanks for the freedom of speech.

ps

thanks must go to the wombats for making it blatantly obvious that they were miming, i hope they were told to mime against their better judgements, and they certainly showed everyone that the whole thing was a farce.

PhilipG

The Skelhorne Street entrance was kept open as well.
    It's understandable that the main entrance was closed as that led to the most densely packed area.
    I was on the concourse near the hairdressers, jealous of the people who were on the roofs of those shops.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by mimng View Post
    does nobody care that all of the musicians seemed to be miming????

does nobody care that ringo and the wombats seemed to have singles/albums to promote that are coming out on monday???

does nobody care that all the sinister looking power rangers, i mean, GUITARISTS on the roof of the carpark were not playing their instruments, but in fact looked like some sort of ridiculous silhoutted deathsquad???

does nobody care that at the end of ringo's drum solo (at the start of the event), the music stopped and he was still hitting his drums, despite no sound coming out???

does nobody care that the wonderful sounding choir had no microphones in sight (that i could see)???

does nobody care that the beatles left liverpool just as soon as they could and that the wombats single is called 'moving to new york' (exactly what john lennon did)???

does nobody care that liverpools biggest band of this century, the zutons, were not there at all???? did they tell the capital of culture to f off? PROBABLY!!

capital of culture??? capitalist vultures. i would love to stand corrected on any of the above points, but that is how it appeared to me - i was there. and to me it all looked like a big state propaganda event.

thanks for the freedom of speech.
    No.
    I didn't care.
    It was put over well, and sounded great.

No.
    I didn't care.
    It was put over well, and sounded great.
    i expect live music to be LIVE not recorded. im embarassed that other people from this fair city actually like being duped.
    Last edited by mimng; 01-12-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries

You share the same IP address as another member, a coincidence?

Last edited by Kev; 01-12-2008 at 02:40 PM.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

There's no pleasing some people,sometimes I get the impression that even people from Liverpool want it to fail so they can all say I told you so when they're in the pub.One thing this city does produce more than any other is the ability to moan none stop about everthing,if there was a title for that we'd hold that aswell.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast