Thread: St. Peter´s Parish Church (Woolton)

Default St. Peter´s Parish Church (Woolton)

In my last trip to Liverpool, me and my friend we were in this church. Our intention was to see with our own eyes Rigby's tomb, and to dream of a child called Paul walking onlooker between the tombs. Also to visit and to have a few minutes for Sir Bob Paisley. We do not locate it is last. To a few minutes of being in the cemetery, a parson I speak to us. He asked us, if we were coming to see Rigby's tomb, and my friend had a few words with him. I was mute, since it was difficult to me to understand what the parróco was saying, and did not dare to ask him for Paisley. Only we saw a bank with his name in an inscription.

My surprise was on having returned to Bilbao. Our photographer of the forum, (Gerard, who has the full PM for days ...), said to me that he was the son of Sir Bob, Graham Paisley. I verified this in the page of the church. Really, exactly, he was he. A pity, as which I had liked to have a few words with he, though it had been for gestures!!

Today I have dared to write a few words to Graham for his hospitality and a feeling towards his father. I think, that though a paper of the British Government does not say that his father was a Sir, Bob always it will be for all, for his contribution to the club and as person, principally.

I do not believe that Graham could read our email. Possibly receive millions of them. And neither he is going to read these lines.

But I like to share with ours this feeling. I explained in my forum of football on the request, and many people put theirs signatures and theirs interest in him. It has been a disappointment for us. But as I said, that it should not say a paper of the British Government, is not important, if he is it for us.

It is curious, that the Government does a recognition of Beckham for his contribution to the football English, a person who sees more cameras of photos that balls. But I do not want to enter with polemics, between other things, it is useless.

I expect to be able to approach for Woolton again when it is installed in Liverpool. To ours that are fence, I recommend to give a walk along the church. Independently of the Beatles, it is a very cozy church and very beauty.

It´s possible see pictures and a virtual visit in this web:
    Link

The photos are from the Pictorial Web!! Are not me!!

theninesisters

A fine church which I used to visit most Friday night's with the nicest sounding 8 bells in the church tower. When I am next up, I will get some pictures from the top of the tower.

Rigby's grave can be located by going through the lytchgate, turning left and walking with the graves on your right - it is on the second row.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona76 View Post
    A fine church which I used to visit most Friday night's with the nicest sounding 8 bells in the church tower. When I am next up, I will get some pictures from the top of the tower.

Rigby's grave can be located by going through the lytchgate, turning left and walking with the graves on your right - it is on the second row.

Jona, I signed your indications to find the grave rapidly, but Graham saw us and went out to ask us. Here the cemeteries are not close to the churches. Only this happens in small villages. The cemeteries in the cities, are to the suburbs, to the exits of the highways. It is curious, the quantity of small churches, which exists in some neighborhoods of Liverpool, and in general, of other many European cities. Here it is not common.

Gerard

Marie..Sorry I never replied to your PM..I have not been on line in the last week or so because of a bereavement..
    I'm Also sorry to tell you marie that Bob Paisley was not my father..
    I do know his son Graham though and I have mentioned it on here.
    Sorry you misinterpreted what I said..
    Last edited by Gerard; 04-16-2007 at 10:10 PM.

I met Graham awhile ago helped me locate some graves for a woman living aboard and then took me inside to view the church and the war memorial, which I have got photos of if people wish to see.
    Here is the Rigby grave for Marie
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/3...4a02759c6b.jpg
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I met Graham awhile ago helped me locate some graves for a woman living aboard and then took me inside to view the church and the war memorial, which I have got photos of if people wish to see.
    Here is the Rigby grave for Marie
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/3...4a02759c6b.jpg
    Yes, I was there one month ago aprox. Thanks for the photo John.