Thread: Old Liverpool Police Vehicles

Chris48

Default Old Liverpool Police Vehicles

Can anyone help out with any old Pictures of Liverpool Police vehicles pre 1970. Cars/vans/Motorbikes.....anything. I've seen some great ones on FLIKR but there does not seem to be many about. Does anyone know where I can find more thanks?

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
    Can anyone help out with any old Pictures of Liverpool Police vehicles pre 1970. Cars/vans/Motorbikes.....anything. I've seen some great ones on FLIKR but there does not seem to be many about. Does anyone know where I can find more thanks?
    I've got a massive interest in ex-police vehicles owning an ex-Hampshire Constabularly 'Traffic cops' Volvo 850 T5 myself.

However, while there are lots of websites with 'ex' police cars on, you would probably need to send a letter to Traffic HQ on Smithdown Lane and see if they have an archive you could look through?

Chris48

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    I've got a massive interest in ex-police vehicles owning an ex-Hampshire Constabularly 'Traffic cops' Volvo 850 T5 myself.

However, while there are lots of websites with 'ex' police cars on, you would probably need to send a letter to Traffic HQ on Smithdown Lane and see if they have an archive you could look through?
    Nah, Smithdown are hopeless and they don't have much anyway. Most of what they have is here

http://www.narpo-merseyside.org.uk/framemessage.htm

Click on photos in the left column and then miscellaneous photographs.

I was just hoping for the odd pic that was sitting at the bottom of somebodys drawer. I bet there are hundreds out there. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Chris48; 01-03-2008 at 11:44 AM.

can't help you with police vehicles but if your looking for old planes or boats check out the new zealand navy or airforce, they'll buy any old piece of junk and keep it flying rather than buy someting new.

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
    Nah, Smithdown are hopeless and they don't have much anyway. Most of what they have is here

http://www.narpo-merseyside.org.uk/framemessage.htm

Click on photos in the left column and then miscellaneous photographs.

I was just hoping for the odd pic that was sitting at the bottom of somebodys drawer. I bet there are hundreds out there. Thanks anyway.
    You can always go to http://www.ukpolicecars.co.uk/ and see if they have any in their archive. Or write to Ford or Vauxhall (whoever Liverpool used at the time). I contacted Volvo on my T5 and they have someone solely to deal with liason between Plod and Volvo.

Chris48

Just thought i'd put this thread back up. Has anyone come across any old Police Vehicle pics please?

Default Police cars

Although my main interest is in buses, I do photograph old cars when I happen to see them at some of the bus shows. I have no idea where these police cars were in service, but I thought they might be of interest even though they are probably not from Liverpool. There is a Jaguar Mark II, Ford Zephyr Six and Wolseley 6/90.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1- Jaguar Mk II.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	8233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2- Jaguar Mk II.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	8234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford Zephyr Six.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	8235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1- Wolseley Six Ninety.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	8236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2- Wolseley Six Ninety.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	8237  

There is more power in the open hand than the clenched fist