Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Signs and Images

Blog Entries

Default 08 Signs and Images

08 Signs and Images

There must be thousands around the city.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

In 2006, twelve young people were selected to take part in the Tall Ship Project. As a part of the process the young people participated in a four day sail training on board the ‘Greater Manchester Challenge’.

The first group sailed from Lisbon to La Coruna and the second group from La Coruna for Antwerp.

See Liverpool Youth Service Sail Training Initiative

Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Blog Entries

Default Approaches to Liverpool - 08 Signs and Banners

Has anyone noticed these 'all over the show'?

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cadfael

Seen em all over the Rocket/M62 - try driving over the flyover at night and see if you are distracted by the blue lights!

Blog Entries

The Rocket looks great with its new paint job and 08 signs, love it.

The think banners as seen in my pic look terrible and will only get dirty, damp and drupee
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    The Rocket looks great with its new paint job and 08 signs, love it.

The think banners as seen in my pic look terrible and will only get dirty, damp and drupee

I'll give you that Kev - for once in it's life, the Rocket is actually quite pleasing to see as you go past. Wonder how long it takes before they're nicked or targeted by low life?

Personally I feel they look tatty and out of place. Must do better council wallahs!

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Talking

I've also seen them, they're also in places such as rice lane and along the dock road near the tobacco warehouse. I think they will look good as long as they are regularly replaced/cleaned, which they more than likely won't be.
    Regarding the rocket junction I think it looks absoloutely brilliant and gives Liverpool a truly international feel. I would like to see something similair done to other monstrosities across the city such as the bootle flyover and the dale street flyover. I wouldn't expect anything on the scale of the rocket, but it would be nice to see them at least cleaned and given a fresh coat of paint.

Blog Entries

28th December 2007

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Mmmm.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

I'm not sure wether to ride up to the rocket.

Maybe when It's sunny, I got a wide angle lens coming In the post soon.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

What's on theRocket flyover as you come to the lights off the M62? Seemed to be projected on (assuming since it was dark when the coach i was on got there)

Blog Entries

Exclamation

LIVERPOOL will be awash with colour as the buzz builds up before the start of the European Capital of Culture in 2008.

Important routes into the city and the city centre are being decorated with colourful flag displays.

A final push has been mounted as January approaches to make sure Liverpool is a “fitting arena” for 2008.

An army of workmen will be on the streets up to New Year as Liverpool prepares for the year of culture ahead.

More than 2,000 lampposts will have bright banners attached representing the seven themes of the European Capital of Culture – art, heritage, music, sport, maritime, people and creativity.

Other temporary banners will be erected by 2008 with changing displays that will announce events coming up in the year’s programme.

New signs have also been erected greeting visitors arriving into the city through key “gateway” roads.

Warren Bradley, leader of Liverpool council, said: “These displays will add colour and life to the city and make sure our city is a fitting arena for 2008.”

Kris Donaldson, acting chief executive of the Liverpool Culture Company, said: “We really want to see Liverpool looking its best and these banners will add a big splash of colour to the city.

“We also want to make sure visitors have a suitable welcome as they enter the European Capital of Culture 2008.”

Liverpool Echo
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Maybe they could sweep the streets a bit just outside the main city centre part.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jon_hall View Post
    Maybe they could sweep the streets a bit just outside the main city centre part.
    Couldn't agree more. The difference in street/road cleanliness between the centre and everywhere else is truly shocking. I'm not talking about litter, i'm talking about dirt and general filth which the public to very little to cause. Outside the city centre practically every road and pavement has a huge build up of dirt and the same goes for most of the street furniture i.e. traffic lights, lamp posts, road signs etc etc. Is it really so hard to simply clean and paint stuff every now and again. They do it in the city centre, so why can't they do it everywhere else?

I have e-mailed Warren Bradley regarding this issue who said he would get back to me after he spoke to the appropriate people. That was 2 months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast