Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlamb Bananas

Saw a few more today but I don't feel many of them are placed In decent angles. The one by the Metropolitan Cathedral didn't give me enough of the cathedral In the background to take a cool shot of It.

I like the way they placed the Church street and the one by the town hall though. Can do a shot of them on a sunnier day with everyday people and the buildings In the background In the Castle street one anyway. That'd make a decent capital of culture lamb banana shot.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

No. 102. The Bloomin' Lamb Banana (Petal), Woolton Street, Woolton.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

PhilipG

Norty boys!

Lime Street.

No. 107. LambMapBanana, Allerton Library.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Default LOVE IT

for all you narrow minded art loavers out there SUPERLABMBANANA is not only (in my opinion) a great artwork it also has the import / export theme, which made Liverpool what it is, at its core. It is the importation of bananas and the same ships leaveing with wool. Its been around now for several years and in that time has adoped much of the citys sence of humour. Its shape ect being part of that Scouse humour theme. As an artist myself I would have been proud to have come up with this concept and finished work (which is also evolving) and no I don't love ALL new art. The SLB will and has already become part of our rich heritage (like it or not) For those of you who think there should be little Liver birds everywhere I would remind you that the theroy is that The artist was asked to draw an eagle for the Liverpool seal and not knowing what one looked like based it more on the cormerant that could be seen on the Mersey. So if true the Liver birds themselfs are a little bit like chimera, a little SLB themselfs.....Seen some small SLB mutents in the internal gardens of Fazackery hospital
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8369.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	6936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8370.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	6937  

One has appeared today on the corner of Kensington and Hall Lane where the Post Office used to be. Personally I think the community benefitted more from having a Post Office than a Superlambanana but I'm sure the KRS will get some entertainment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by A.D.W View Post
    No. 102. The Bloomin' Lamb Banana (Petal), Woolton Street, Woolton.

I like that the location thats In.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Well done everyone, i'm sloshed but (and gone back to correct my speeling) it's certainly a talking/snapping point.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Another moan about tv coverage;

BBC Breakfast news did give us a good slot by reporting on the Lambananas. They did show lots of them and talked about them, so I can't complain about that.

Now, the sound wasn't turned up on the tv so I might not have heard properly - but the first person they interviewed was making a Lambanana in a prison ! ( I might be mistaken) - now why did they have to focus on prison !!
    Then they went onto say that the Lord Mayor Lambanana had been vomited on over the weekend and ' sorry to put you off your breakfast !!'

Now why did they have to say that ! making us look like a laughing stock.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Another moan about tv coverage;

BBC Breakfast news did give us a good slot by reporting on the Lambananas. They did show lots of them and talked about them, so I can't complain about that.

Now, the sound wasn't turned up on the tv so I might not have heard properly - but the first person they interviewed was making a Lambanana in a prison ! ( I might be mistaken) - now why did they have to focus on prison !!
    Then they went onto say that the Lord Mayor Lambanana had been vomited on over the weekend and ' sorry to put you off your breakfast !!'

Now why did they have to say that ! making us look like a laughing stock.
    Just ignore it, that's what I do. Any decent person would visit Liverpool before they make a judgement on it, and so what if one had been vomited on, that could happen anywhere and who's to say that a scouser vomited on it?
    The vast majority of our press coverage is positive, so if a minority want to be negative then let them, they're the ones that look like fools not us.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDainty View Post
    for all you narrow minded art loavers out there SUPERLABMBANANA is not only (in my opinion) a great artwork it also has the import / export theme, which made Liverpool what it is, at its core. It is the importation of bananas and the same ships leaveing with wool. Its been around now for several years and in that time has adoped much of the citys sence of humour. Its shape ect being part of that Scouse humour theme. As an artist myself I would have been proud to have come up with this concept and finished work (which is also evolving) and no I don't love ALL new art. The SLB will and has already become part of our rich heritage (like it or not) For those of you who think there should be little Liver birds everywhere I would remind you that the theroy is that The artist was asked to draw an eagle for the Liverpool seal and not knowing what one looked like based it more on the cormerant that could be seen on the Mersey. So if true the Liver birds themselfs are a little bit like chimera, a little SLB themselfs.....Seen some small SLB mutents in the internal gardens of Fazackery hospital
    No narrow minded art lover here but just someone who thinks that these SLB are a waste of money,look stupid,have NOTHING to do with Liverpool.
    I would rather see the money spent elsewhere (crime ridden areas,boared up houses,waste ground-flytippers paradise).
    They look ugly and are a silly idea and who is making money out of these ??

Not every piece of art has to have something to do with Liverpool, that would be quite narrow minded. Liverpool is a multicultural city with international appeal. The Lambanana is a great way of showing how Liverpool is an international city with the ability to attract international artists highlighting a very global issue.
    Money well spent I say!

I know what people mean when they say the money could be spent on other things but we do need a bit of light entertainment as well. We can't be serious all the time. You've got to have a bit of fun sometimes and the Superlambs do brighten up the place and it's fun for people spotting where they are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    No narrow minded art lover here but just someone who thinks that these SLB are a waste of money,look stupid,have NOTHING to do with Liverpool.
    I would rather see the money spent elsewhere (crime ridden areas,boared up houses,waste ground-flytippers paradise).
    They look ugly and are a silly idea and who is making money out of these ??
    I disagree. They are out there, people respond to them with a smile and positivity. They talk about them, the bring people into areas that otherwise wouldnt go to.

Their creation has brought people together in the workplace, organisations and associations, even schools have been involved in their creation. Our children need this kind of buzz in their most informative years to inspire them and engage them, creating pride in themselves and their city.

There was nothing like this when I was growing up, I have the opportunity to show my children positive images of their city rather than exposing them to 'another shooting'.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

The money can't be spent on reducing crime etc because it is arts money and business sponsor money and ringfenced for that purpose.

I love them and think they have really engaged the people of the city and visitors. As for being relevant to the city - Is Wellington on his column any more relevant to Liverpool? Would a Picasso bought by the Walker be relevant to the city? Is the art submitted to the John Moores exhibition relevant to the city? Is a rare first edition owned by Liverpool libraries relevant to the city?( if you hate the Superlamb banana, it has done its job in the same way as if you love it, it has got you to engage in some way! Art to me is about opinions and only a waste or failiure if you dont notice it)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast