Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old ABC cinema to become boutique hotel

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by chelle28 View Post
    Hi there all,

I am an interior architect student and am really interested in developing either the Futurist Cinema of the ABC Forum Cinema in Liverpool. I am struggling to get plans for either of these buildings and its crucial that i have plans in order to do anything. I dont suppose anyone knows where i can obtain plans? Any help is much appreciated.

xx
    Hope you get your plans.
    Nice to see people still interested in these fantastic buildings

Childwall Music Lover babayaga321's Avatar

Unhappy A HARD ROCK CAFE....

All.... there is a developer interested at the moment according to the powers that be, but I've referred the ABC site onto HRC International as a possible venue for a Liverpool Hard Rock Cafe. Simply because I find it flaming incredible that we haven't actually got one!!!!

Blog Entries

THE disused ABC cinema on Lime Street is to become a New York-style supper club and boutique hotel, it has been revealed. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

PhilipG

The boutique hotel is going to be on the top floor.
    Presumably it'll have windows.
    Not long after the ABC closed plans were refused because new windows were required.
    I'd love to see the building in use again, but don't want to see it altered too much.

kat2

Smile Old ABC cinema to become boutique hotel

THE disused ABC cinema on Lime Street is to become a New York-style supper club and boutique hotel, it has been revealed.

Regeneration agency English Partnerships has appointed award-winning property developer Urban Splash as preferred developer for the project.

More herehttp://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...4375-19739146/
    kat

Blog Entries

Here Kat, I posted it yesterday
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thank goodness. Another eye-sore renovated. You see pictures of Lime Street in Edwardian England. It was awesome; better than Times Square. Lights, magic; bustling - a world hub of entertainment, life, the watering hole of the world's best. So sad to see its decline. Any old piccies anyone?
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

kat2

yes, but i posted it in the news section, if something is current news, which it was on the 5th, then i thought surly it should be "news"?
    if it was old news, like my post to do with st Johns shopping then yes, i can understand that it should go into another folder.
    kat
    besides this is the abc

They'd better do up the rest of Lime Street then.Imagine staying at a posh hotel and looking out of your window and seeing all those manky shops.

Cadfael

As long as the exterior stays the same and has no extra windows or cheesy signs then it is better than nothing - but such a shame to lose the magic of the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    As long as the exterior stays the same and has no extra windows or cheesy signs then it is better than nothing - but such a shame to lose the magic of the interior.

I can't really see how the development as a whole will work unless there are at least some windows knocked through.

The club area could work in the darker, artifically lit style, but the hotel rooms on the upper floors would definitely need windows. The only way to retain a lack of windows would be to add a couple of floors using a recessed extension. I'd rather see a few windows than that personally.

Lime street/London Road/parts of Renshaw Street are reallt the last remaining wastelands of the city centre (apart from hte ned to infil some sites around Tithebarn St) that havent got concrete plans in place or things on site.

I'm really chuffed with the choice of developer. Urban Splash is as near to a dead cert as you can get when it comes to urban renewal schemes. They have been quietly getting on with the Great George st scheme, made great strides on the Littlewoods building, did a great job at Matchworks I and II and the Matchbox and not to forget the Tea and Vanilla Factories.

kat2

yes, urban splash are also busy working on the midland hotel in Morecambe an art deco building, so they certainly seem to have a good track record. I have put in another thread a report that suggests in 2009 the whole of st Johns shopping complex is up for re design, same with Clayton square.
    kat

I'm still waiting to find out what is the meaning of a 'boutique hotel' ... ha,ha, ... I thought a boutique is a shop that sells fashionable clobber

PhilipG

It's a pity that this subject is spread over 2 threads.
    Kev put it on another (scroll above) and I made my initial response to it there.
    It just doesn't make sense to dilute the discussion by having it all over the place!
    Ironically, at some point Kev will have to merge the two threads, because it is an important subject, and that's not fair!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast