Thread: The tearing up of The Wirral for golf!

Blog Entries

Default The tearing up of The Wirral for golf!

Seems that they are tearing up parts of The Wirral all for a Golf Championship!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Yay! But I wish they'd turn Wirral into something better than GOLF!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Yay! But I wish they'd turn Wirral into something better than GOLF!
    My sentinments excatly! Wirral is starting to let Liverpool's success go out with the tide. Why they can't cash in on their location I don't know. Wirral Waters will be great, but that's another 30 years off! We want something now and not be some backwater.

I go to places like Bootle or Huyton and see them make something of their location. I mean Bootle's got some prime office developments going up all over the place whilst Wirral has nothing!

Warrington too is also starting to cash in on Liverpool's Success as well as Manchester's continual upward spiral. They have relocated the bus station and built one from scatch and are also extending thier main shopping centre with a flagship Debenhams store. I see all of this going on and then get to Birkenhead and see waste, vacant land all over the place. To me, Wirral is becomming too much of a retirement hot-spot rather than a place to do business. Birkenhead and Wallasey could do so much better!!!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post
    My sentinments excatly! Wirral is starting to let Liverpool's success go out with the tide. Why they can't cash in on their location I don't know. Wirral Waters will be great, but that's another 30 years off!
    It is not 30 years awy. The intial building could start very soon.

We want something now and not be some backwater.

I go to places like Bootle or Huyton and see them make something of their location. I mean Bootle's got some prime office developments going up all over the place whilst Wirral has nothing!

Warrington too is also starting to cash in on Liverpool's Success as well as Manchester's continual upward spiral. They have relocated the bus station and built one from scatch and are also extending thier main shopping centre with a flagship Debenhams store. I see all of this going on and then get to Birkenhead and see waste, vacant land all over the place. To me, Wirral is becomming too much of a retirement hot-spot rather than a place to do business. Birkenhead and Wallasey could do so much better!!!
    Merge them into Liverpool. Some Council offices can go in Wirral Waters - even the town Hall. In all effect the Wirral is a part of Liverpool, about it was run as one.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    It is not 30 years awy. The intial building could start very soon.

Merge them into Liverpool. Some Council offices can go in Wirral Waters - even the town Hall. In all effect the Wirral is a part of Liverpool, about it was run as one.
    It's good that the initial building could start soon; I have seen some ground work starting around by Bidston Moss but that might be for the proposed new flyover that they might be building to replace the current flyover.

It's a good idea in theory to merge Wirral with Liverpool but I don't think Heswall and West Kirby folk would look to happily upon it! I am not fussed really just that most of the older folk feel that they aren't Liverpool, they are Cheshire. Especially in Wallasey when there was that hoohar with the proposed shared MP with Walton and Kirkdale.

Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post
    It's good that the initial building could start soon; I have seen some ground work starting around by Bidston Moss but that might be for the proposed new flyover that they might be building to replace the current flyover.

It's a good idea in theory to merge Wirral with Liverpool but I don't think Heswall and West Kirby folk would look to happily upon it!
    Screw them - there isn't that many of them anyway. The future on a place must not be allowed to be hindered by narrow minded pensioners.

I am not fussed really just that most of the older folk feel that they aren't Liverpool, they are Cheshire.
    They are not. They are effectively Liverpool - in the same socio/economic sphere.

Especially in Wallasey when there was that hoohar with the proposed shared MP with Walton and Kirkdale.
    What was the problem? More petty-mindedness.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition