Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ITV in Croxteth gun incident

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Why hasn't this happened so publically in Moss Side etc?

Anyway, moving on....

Whta annoys me to death about this and other associated problems is the weakness of the Government to do anything about it.
    It was, when it was a huge issue there in the late 80s and early 90s. Moss side was the first thing that came to most minds when the words guns and gangs were mentioned. Now its synonymous with most cities and beginning to filter into towns too.
    Croxteth and Norris Green are notoriously gang riddled, and I experienced (as i mentioned here more than once) how little the police react to it, which is why I moved from the fringes of Norris Green. As it stands these problems will get worse before they get better. Its beyond journalism, its a real problem and needs to be taken seriously.
    The 'laser light' does indeed sound iffy, but we all know that its a reality that there's kids running around with guns, and carelessly using them. Don't we?

chippie

I don,t think it was a laser light at all, probably the reflection in the mirror of her bloody compact case as she was fluffing herself up

PhilipG

Even Woolton has gangs of youths.
    They probably don't seem so threatening because they're well dressed.

Partsky

Default Croxteth; Yet another "scouser" tourist

Yes, its an important story. A child has been killed and good, decent people are rightly worried. However, just because a journalist was born nearby does not give them a better insight into the city. As many other previous postees have pointed out, wandering around any area with a film crew you immediately draw attention to yourself. The knobhead contingent in this area, as in any troubled area will put Ken Dodd to shame if you shine a light of them. Its the low I Q you know. That and the weapons. I worked this area for years as a council worker until recently, and was met by nothing but kindness and decency, and I must have walked around the area dozens and dozens and times and gone on over 500 visits over 3 years, many on "gang" territories. I was never intimidated or followed and my car was never damaged.; probably because I knew it was sensible to keep a low profile and I did not draw attention to myself. However, its not a way that anyone should have to live and the fact that a little boy lost his life simply going home is the proof of that. I worked also in Anfield and Kirkdale during the terrible drug shootings there and yes it could be frightening but as usual, vast majority of the people were great. Decent people, often on low incomes, forced to be quiet by (often) young idiots with guns, knives, imitating the older wave of dealers who were not better but were, shall we say, more discreet, about their wrongdoing. The shame is the really nice people forced to stay silent to protect their households. There is a culture of "looking the other way" in these gang families. They say nothing when they see their kids come in with trainers costing £100 and the latest phones whilst not even bothering to sign on. They look the other way when they bring home goods obviously nicked from decent peoples houses. They know what they are up to. but they do nothing. Its easier. Sometimes they pay the ultimate price and follow the horse drawn funeral and take pages and pages of adverts in the Echo (where they are often described totally inaccurately as "loved by all", "a loveable rogue" or worse of all "a gentleman"thats without the abhorrent "Soldier/solja crap), and help to build the shrines that no one can tear down without their windows going in. Its only in their homes that it can be controlled, whether it croxteth, anfield or any other area of this or any other City where drugs are the currency of power. In the meanwhile, the decent people of Croxteth or anywhere else have to watch their tongues to avoid damage to them. Its a sad, sad situation. Arrest the parents. Its where the rot often begins or is allowed to begin, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Partsky View Post
    The knobhead contingent in this area, as in any troubled area will put Ken Dodd to shame if you shine a light of them.
    Can you please explain what you mean by this?
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

The knobhead contingent in this area, as in any troubled area will put Ken Dodd to shame if you shine a light of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Can you please explain what you mean by this?
    Hi Shy

Partsky can answer, but I would interpret this statement to mean that given the spotlight, the scallys will act up for the journalists.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Yes, its an important story. A child has been killed and good, decent people are rightly worried. However, just because a journalist was born nearby does not give them a better insight into the city. As many other previous postees have pointed out, wandering around any area with a film crew you immediately draw attention to yourself. The knobhead contingent in this area, as in any troubled area will put Ken Dodd to shame if you shine a light of them. Its the low I Q you know. That and the weapons. I worked this area for years as a council worker until recently, and was met by nothing but kindness and decency, and I must have walked around the area dozens and dozens and times and gone on over 500 visits over 3 years, many on "gang" territories. I was never intimidated or followed and my car was never damaged.; probably because I knew it was sensible to keep a low profile and I did not draw attention to myself. However, its not a way that anyone should have to live and the fact that a little boy lost his life simply going home is the proof of that. I worked also in Anfield and Kirkdale during the terrible drug shootings there and yes it could be frightening but as usual, vast majority of the people were great. Decent people, often on low incomes, forced to be quiet by (often) young idiots with guns, knives, imitating the older wave of dealers who were not better but were, shall we say, more discreet, about their wrongdoing. The shame is the really nice people forced to stay silent to protect their households. There is a culture of "looking the other way" in these gang families. They say nothing when they see their kids come in with trainers costing £100 and the latest phones whilst not even bothering to sign on. They look the other way when they bring home goods obviously nicked from decent peoples houses. They know what they are up to. but they do nothing. Its easier. Sometimes they pay the ultimate price and follow the horse drawn funeral and take pages and pages of adverts in the Echo (where they are often described totally inaccurately as "loved by all", "a loveable rogue" or worse of all "a gentleman"thats without the abhorrent "Soldier/solja crap), and help to build the shrines that no one can tear down without their windows going in. Its only in their homes that it can be controlled, whether it croxteth, anfield or any other area of this or any other City where drugs are the currency of power. In the meanwhile, the decent people of Croxteth or anywhere else have to watch their tongues to avoid damage to them. Its a sad, sad situation. Arrest the parents. Its where the rot often begins or is allowed to begin, sadly.

Partsky - every word of that is correct

- and what you said about the horse drawn funerals - and the pages of obituaries in the Echo - - and don't forget the small planes circling around in the sky with a banner tied at the back - ''goodnight laaaad''

OMG !!

--- and yes it is noticed that the gangsters are always 'true gentlemen'

the fashion for roadside shrines is a ridiculous trend. I don't agree with it. it is not dignified.

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    I don,t think it was a laser light at all, probably the reflection in the mirror of her bloody compact case as she was fluffing herself up
    I wonder if it was one of those laser light thingies what the kids have ? ( or they are not supposed to have - but they sell them freely in the shops).

I watched it last night. What I found unfair was the way the two reporters in the other towns went to decent looking people and asked them how safe they felt. The Liverpool reporter went straight to the scallies knowing they would get wound up and misbehave. Definitely made Liverpool look bad deliberately.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

I watched it last night. What I found unfair was the way the two reporters in the other towns went to decent looking people and asked them how safe they felt. The Liverpool reporter went straight to the scallies knowing they would get wound up and misbehave. Definitely made Liverpool look bad deliberately.
    my mums decent and she doesn't feel safe there, i do see where you are coming from though, never beleive all you read and see on tv , thats why it's there

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    my mums decent and she doesn't feel safe there, i do see where you are coming from though, never beleive all you read and see on tv , thats why it's there
    Shoney, if you want to keep up with Brit TV join UKnova, it is a free service and the software Azureus which is needed is free too. Shows are usually available the next day.
    Winston Churchill

Shoney, if you want to keep up with Brit TV join UKnova, it is a free service and the software Azureus which is needed is free too. Shows are usually available the next day.
    nah, rather leave it alone bar for corrie and the bill thanks

Default itv in Croxteth gun Incident.

31-01-08.

If the camera crew were pelted with bottles and stones, wouldn't the shattered bottles be found splatterd about at the strand, side walks, pavement etc. On Carr lane east it was reported by the producers to a passing police patrol,of a suspicious car driving nearby, and they feared someone inside
    may? have had a gun, and 48 hrs later police had still not received a complaint from the film crew. I think Shelagh Fogatys little foray in to Croxteth has back fired on them.
    Trust and you will be trusted, said the Liar to the Fool.

chippie

If she thought that that was scarey, she should walk into our toilet after a saturday night curry, that should frighten the life out of her and cause a thunderous rumpus in fleet street while desimating the art world.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Ged: I do apologise if my view on Croxteth caused offence; but I must admit that I wouldn't go there by myself with a camera. Moreso at the moment as tensions are allegedly running high in that area.

It is a very sad affair when you feel that you cant walk around your own city without someone by your side. But, these people who make others lives a misery and cast a shadow over the name "Liverpool" cant call themselves scousers. Real Liverpool and Merseyside folk are not like those who terrorize communities.....and we shouldn't let these people give our great region such a bad name.
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast