Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cocky watchman

For a recent update on the "cocky's" of the present,look at the Liverpool news section!

George

Me gets the fiddle out for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvhpD9XsrsE

Partsky

Default Cocky Watchmen; The guardians of parks

Lindylou, I too remember Cocky Watchmen in parks. There was a very, very old guy (or so it seemed to me) who reigned supreme over Hawksmoor Park in Fazakerley, certainly during the 60s. We kids lived in holy terror of him, although thinking back, he probably did a good job! He had a small wooden hut and seemed to be there during all the daylight hours. This guy had almost mythical status in our area. My family still refer to any security guys as a Cocky watchmen. Anyone seen lovely kids cartoon "Percy The Park Keeper"? Lives in a hut in the park? I suppose "Percy the Cocky Watchman" didnt have the same ring.....................

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    For a recent update on the "cocky's" of the present,look at the Liverpool news section!
    yeah, I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Partsky View Post
    Lindylou, I too remember Cocky Watchmen in parks. There was a very, very old guy (or so it seemed to me) who reigned supreme over Hawksmoor Park in Fazakerley, certainly during the 60s. We kids lived in holy terror of him, although thinking back, he probably did a good job! He had a small wooden hut and seemed to be there during all the daylight hours. This guy had almost mythical status in our area. My family still refer to any security guys as a Cocky watchmen. Anyone seen lovely kids cartoon "Percy The Park Keeper ? Lives in a hut in the park? I suppose "Percy the Cocky Watchman" didnt have the same ring.....................
    The cockywatchman in our swing park was in charge of handing out the stilts and pogo sticks - anyone remember them ?! we thought our park was the best because you could borrow pogos & stilts and we had a sandpit too

My son had a 'Percy The Park Keeper' video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12