Thread: Spring-heeled Jack in Liverpool article

Blog Entries

Default Spring-heeled Jack in Liverpool article

This month's Fortean Times Magazine (#238), which officially goes on sale tomorrow, features an extract from my forthcoming book 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool. The article is all about the elusive Spring-heeled Jack and his reported appearances in Everton. It seems that my piece has rather piqued the interest of editor David Sutton and SHJ expert Mike Dash (who actually helped me with the piece originally) as they have expanded upon it with there own investigations. Mike is giving a special SHJ talk at this year's UnCon in London (no, I can't afford to go) and it seems that he might well have some extra fodder courtesy of my article.

The magazine costs £3.99 and is available in all good newsagents.

And, if you like what you read, don't forget my book launch on Saturday the 5th of July in the Unity Theatre, Liverpool city centre.

Cheers

Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    This month's Fortean Times Magazine (#238), which officially goes on sale tomorrow, features an extract from my forthcoming book 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool. The article is all about the elusive Spring-heeled Jack and his reported appearances in Everton. It seems that my piece has rather piqued the interest of editor David Sutton and SHJ expert Mike Dash (who actually helped me with the piece originally) as they have expanded upon it with there own investigations. Mike is giving a special SHJ talk at this year's UnCon in London (no, I can't afford to go) and it seems that he might well have some extra fodder courtesy of my article.

The magazine costs £3.99 and is available in all good newsagents.

And, if you like what you read, don't forget my book launch on Saturday the 5th of July in the Unity Theatre, Liverpool city centre.

Cheers

Good work here, John. I have picked up this information about the piece in Fortean Times to run in the June issue of Ripperologist and also quoted you. If you want to send me any more info or give me more information on Mike's talk, venue, date, time, etc., I would appreciate it and we can also run that in the Rip too.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Blog Entries

Thanks for that Chris, I really appreciate it.

The article basically deals with two reports of Jack in the Everton area dating from 1888 and 1904 respectively as well as some general background stuff about the well known cases and the public perceptions of the events.

UnCon 2008 will be held 1-2 November at the University of Westminster, 309 Regent Street, London, W1b 2UW. The website http://www.forteantimes.com/uncon08 is not currently working sadly but more details should be on there soon.
    Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com