Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One [Paradise Street] Shopping Area [Under Construction]

scouserdave

Nice views from the Q-Park Car Park roof.

anybody got any recent pics of L1? And does anyone have detailed pics of the model, im interested in the buildings that are going to form the opposite side of paradise street to john lewis all the way along back to macdonalds

Blog Entries

Here's the thread but it hasn't budged since a few months ago.

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Here's a couple of latest renders off Bammy on SSC of how the new Chavasse park will look,what's that mysterious silver dome going to be?

Blog Entries

they are nice, see a section of the the old dock is going to be there, complete with water
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Chance to inspect Paradise project access plans - SHOPPERS are being invited to have alook at £1m plans to improve access to the new Paradise Street project once it opens for business.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

I am excited about this, we do need it, but I have to say it doesn't look too pretty to me. (What is that patch of pond for anyway??). We're not seeing inspired magical spaces being created here- which seems a shame.

I'm assuming it'll look a bit better when it's built but for this plot at least there's nothing there to add to the list of notable Liverpool buildings and nothing to attract a European daytripper who wouldn't have come anyway.

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

... O.K. I'm being a bit picky here I know, just that renders 2 and 4 remind me of Brackley or Slough or somewhere.

Also that water feature seems a it lame to me, It would've been fantastic had it actually been a canal linking up with that strip of water in Central Village...which to repeat should also be a canal.

Chavasse park should turn out quite nice but how it'd tranform the whole site if it had something truly iconic on top of that hill you could go up....something like an Eiffel tower in other words...

I know what you're saying but they're only renders remember,the finished article will be much better just have a little faith.Once developments like this are completed attitudes amongst the locals will start to change about Liverpool.

PhilipG

Have any views shown the Odeon multiplex?
    Is it still going to be over a store on the old Bus Station site?

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Chance to inspect Paradise project access plans - SHOPPERS are being invited to have alook at £1m plans to improve access to the new Paradise Street project once it opens for business.
    Let's hope they sort it so that passengers will actually be able to get off the bus in the bus station, not be dumped off in Duke Street, which is what happened before the Hanover Street roadworks.

Now, of course, everybody is dumped off at Lewis's.

I remember when all buses went to the Pier Head!

MissInformed

I have never been to the new bus station, I think it is so inconvienient to get to. And seems so far from normal routes people walk to and from work.

An interesting and quite scary piece of info:
    A girl I work with got a black cab into town yesterday and the driver told her his sons had to go to Manchester to find work as labourers cos of all 'the Polish immigrants' working on the Paradise Project... then, he said to my work mate he had joined the BNP because of this!!!! What the hell type of logic is that?
    Then, he gave her a leaflet!!!
    Not to mention she looks Spanish or Brazilian...
    Imagine if she would have been a tourist, or a decision maker for something in the city!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
    I have never been to the new bus station, I think it is so inconvienient to get to. And seems so far from normal routes people walk to and from work.

A girl I work with got a black cab into town yesterday and the driver told her his sons had to go to Manchester to find work as labourers cos of all 'the Polish immigrants' working on the Paradise Project... then, he said to my work mate he had joined the BNP because of this!!!! What the hell type of logic is that?
    Imagine if she would have been a tourist, or a decision maker for something in the city!!!!

Thats an absolute disgrace. The city council's guidance note for taxi license applicants states that drivers should "uphold the councils equal opportunities policy in respect of all groups regardless of sex, creed, race,colour, nationality or type of disability". I dont suppose your mate got the plate number?

MissInformed

no she didn't!
    I think she was so taken aback by it, she couldnt wait to get outta the cab!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post

Thats just scaremongering. So what if there are loads of polish people working there, as long as they are good enough to do it, let them. It doesn't matter where they come from or what beliefs they have. They are obviously employing them because they are such good workers and they have to be paid the same as anyone else. I work in Manchester Airport and there are loads of Polish people there. So what! If they can do the job, give it to them wether they are black, white or bloody Polish. I hate racism and despise racists. Anyone who is racist in uneducated and naive!

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast