Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Tower Blocks

Whooosh that was dangerous and as you say, a lad paid with his life.

I have relatives in Boode Croft (originally from Conway st and then St. George's Heights) and have had a few scoops in the Tithebarn with them and another, it is the thatcher or something?

The six blocks are, as you'll know, Mosscraig, Firscraig, Whincraig and Tarncliffe, Merecliff, Denecliff.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

scouserdave

Ged, we lived in Barons Hey, so geographically, the Black Angus was my local. Used to have a few bevvies in the Thatcher as well. I think it got burnt down a few years back. Thanks for naming the flats, I'd forgotten all of them.

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Ged, the Canny ones you see from the M57 are close to my old local, The Tithebarn. Jeez! There was some barnies in there mate!

BTW, as a kid, we used to play on top of the lifts in the flats on the precinct. We pressed the lift to go down a floor and open up the door just as it was descending. We'd jump on top of the lift and switch it to manual. Had no idea what a stupid dangerous game we were playing until a lad got killed
    The Lad died in the Netherley flats, he went to our school. nice lad very sad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post

BTW, as a kid, we used to play on top of the lifts in the flats on the precinct. We pressed the lift to go down a floor and open up the door just as it was descending. We'd jump on top of the lift and switch it to manual. Had no idea what a stupid dangerous game we were playing until a lad got killed
    The things u do as kids eh? We used to play on the rails of The Northern Line by Garston Station and would often cross the line. We would also place coins on the rails and retreat to the top of the embankment watching the trains flatten the coins. Walking a distance along side the tracks was always exciting when u knew the train times....

Of course that all stopped when a mate was killed when he touched the third rail.

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    The things u do as kids eh? We used to play on the rails of The Northern Line by Garston Station and would often cross the line. We would also place coins on the rails and retreat to the top of the embankment watching the trains flatten the coins. Walking a distance along side the tracks was always exciting when u knew the train times....

Of course that all stopped when a mate was killed when he touched the third rail.
    Kev, when we lived in Halewood for a couple of years, we used to do the same thing with coins on the railway line that separated our estate from Ford's factory

chippie

Default high rise flats

Hi you guys, who,s following who round Liverpool. I used to live in Desmond Street, the corner of Breck Rd and Heyworth St. then I moved to St Georges Heights for seven years, great time there. Then to Cannibal Farm where I lived in Denecliffe for awhile. I enjoyed my time there too, drank in the Black Angus once I think, but if you didn,t have a broken nose you weren,t welcome so I never went again. I used to love my high rise flats. 19 floor in St georges. We could see the cars at night travelling along the roads in Wales, and the lightship at the bar. My neighbour used our balcony to get into his house when he forgot his key once. God I was scared as he put his leg over the balcony.

scouserdave

Chippie mate, 19th floor in St George's! I envy you. I can just imagine the views!
    They were a tightly knit bunch in the Black Angus.

By the way, on match days at Anfield, the back room of the Sandon is taken over by the Canny Farm lads.
    Last edited by scouserdave; 04-13-2007 at 01:03 AM.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Bootle or Benidorm ?

Tricky Dickie or Sticky Vicky ?

The Bootle blocks all have these zany markings to break up the monotony of the bland concrete. Personally, these ones remind me of the run down hi-rise in Los Cristianos, Tenerife - where the locals live.
    Ged, just searching for something on my HD and found one of my Bootle pics from August 2003.

That's a beast Dave. I know you've taken some from St. Mary's church tower, Walton on t'hill but is this one of them?

scouserdave

That's a beast Dave. I know you've taken some from St. Mary's church tower, Walton on t'hill but is this one of them?
    Thanks Ged. Yep it's from St Mary's. Found this one too. It's the last remaining flats on Sheil Road. The upper right is Runcorn Bridge.

TerryB

Found another of the Piggeries on the English Herritage site. Not sure what year it is, and I don't recognise that long road. I can't see William Henry Street either. I assume the buildings on the right of the pic lead up to Shaw Street and were demolished.

Gerard

Hello Terry Lad..the long Road is Haigh St,
    The photo would have been taken near/opposite the entrance to SFX Church on Langsdale St.

Thanks Terry and yeah, Spot on Gerard. Put 6 of your fantastic Wavertree Gardens on my site kidda - great views, I even like the ones of the stairwell and bin chute - it's like it was yesterday i'd be slinging the ashes down there, wrapped up in last nights echo.

Gerard

Thanks Terry and yeah, Spot on Gerard. Put 6 of your fantastic Wavertree Gardens on my site kidda - great views, I even like the ones of the stairwell and bin chute - it's like it was yesterday i'd be slinging the ashes down there, wrapped up in last nights echo.
    Your more than welcome matey..The Ashes down the bin in the Echo Eh..
    Was the Lard out the Chip pan dripping everywhere !!

Ha ha, now you ask - yeah it was.

Then came the 1977 re-furb and Old swan's Robinson Willey's finest hour - the good old gas fire.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast