Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The State of Our World

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    I disagree Pablo, I spent my 5 days R&R there when picking up ships or delivering them back and in the
    80?s/90?s I was Ch/Officer on the Singaporean vessel
    Selco 2.
    On a number of occasions I had my wife join me, from Australia, whilst I was on R&R and I can honestly say I never heard of drug traffickers other than when an execution was imminent and regularly I visited the country over a twenty year period
    I don?t know where you get your information but you I can guarantee that you would be hard pressed finding drugs in Singapore, I?m not saying they are not available but it would be a total idiot who went looking for them.
    So all these people that get caught never got the drugs there. I was involved in the drug business and it goes on there. They use lots of mules and chumps, but still goes on. People think the Police are on every corner looking for drugs, but really you have to be sloppy or stupid to get caught.

I suspect the majority of people in Liverpool have absolutely no idea what drugs look like or where to get them. They are there though.

The people caught trafficking drugs are bringing them into the country and they are executed, those caught with a small amount get strokes of the Rattan and they tend to stay away from drugs in the future.
    Anyone who spends any amount of time in Singapore will tell you the same; I don't know why other civilized societies don't adopt similar laws.

Blog Entries

The people caught trafficking drugs are bringing them into the country and they are executed, those caught with a small amount get strokes of the Rattan and they tend to stay away from drugs in the future.
    Anyone who spends any amount of time in Singapore will tell you the same; I don't know why other civilized societies don't adopt similar laws.
    They probably don't adopt it cos it's barbaric. Do you really wanna execute drug users.

Whats the alternative? Drug dealers cause huge problems in society,these people are to lazy to get a real job,but live a better life than most who work.Why should we suffer with the problems drugs bring,we were burgled 3 times by a drug users,the police did nothing,is this fair? of course its not.I pay tax and expect some kind of protection from these people,but as a famous author once said 'the law is an ass'.When these evil people kill innocent bystanders,they deserve no sympathy when caught and the punishment should be quite severe.Drugs ruin lives,its as simple as that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Boulter View Post
    Whats the alternative? Drug dealers cause huge problems in society,these people are to lazy to get a real job,but live a better life than most who work.Why should we suffer with the problems drugs bring,we were burgled 3 times by a drug users,the police did nothing,is this fair? of course its not.I pay tax and expect some kind of protection from these people,but as a famous author once said 'the law is an ass'.When these evil people kill innocent bystanders,they deserve no sympathy when caught and the punishment should be quite severe.Drugs ruin lives,its as simple as that.
    I agree Robert. Drugs cause huge problems all over the World. I'm saying that the methods we use today are ineffective, we need new Worldwide policies. We have lost the Drug War and need to reappraise the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    I agree Robert. Drugs cause huge problems all over the World. I'm saying that the methods we use today are ineffective, we need new Worldwide policies. We have lost the Drug War and need to reappraise the situation.
    But it's simple,really, you pay the farmers in Aghanistan, twice what they get now,to grow spud's,or whatever,instead of poppies! It's a pittance what they receive for the opium crop, so they would be receptive,And whatever it cost,it would be a drop in the ocean,compared to the cost of so-called drug enforcement policies,now!
    With so many international military forces,already in the country,I find it strange that opium production has actually increased???

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Am all for laws like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    But it's simple,really, you pay the farmers in Aghanistan, twice what they get now,to grow spud's,or whatever,instead of poppies! It's a pittance what they receive for the opium crop, so they would be receptive,And whatever it cost,it would be a drop in the ocean,compared to the cost of so-called drug enforcement policies,now!
    With so many international military forces,already in the country,I find it strange that opium production has actually increased???
    This is pretty much what they do. We tried this in Colombia and it was a fiasco. Far too much drug money involved.
    Funnily enough, the Taliban banned the growing of poppies. We don't encourage the growth of poppies over there but a lot of the time its the only income they have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12