Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Crosby

Lovely isn't it and at least matches anything the south of the city has to offer.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Wink i know

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Lovely isn't it and at least matches anything the south of the city has to offer.
    a few weeks ago i took finn my youngest to the beach at crosby leisure centre & while we were climbing up & down the sandhills i noticed ppl just standing & staring across to the water. i turned & saw the most gorgous sunset ever i swear!! it was so beautiful & still like a renaissance painting all blues & oranges swirled around the setting sun. everyone there stood & looked at it. i remember thinking this is as serene a sight right here right now as anywhere else in the world. then it suddenly went quite dark & we all turned away awed. its stored in my minds eye but i wish i could have had taken a photo of it to share. but when i'm out with finn i need to keep all hands spare & stay on my toes as he runs away a lot & fast!! if you ever go to the beach there or at burbo & see a woman frantically trying to keep up with a little tyke... that'll be me! finn has autism which means he has no fear & is often in his own little world. he'll either send me to an early grave with worry or keep me fit...not sure which...

at the weekend planning to take him for a walk in the woods near to little crosby & to the hall (though not sure if you can visit it. i think the family still live there) anyway i've already told fraser my 20 yr old that he better keep his mobile on incase i have to phone him to rescue us. as often when i go out with finn he won't turn back around & wants to keep on & on.... it once took me 2 hrs to get him out of squirrel woods & back to the road... by then of course everyone else had gone so it felt quite eerie!

I know the Hall, (on Virgin lane I think it is) is open to schools as my daughters have stayed there. I've often parked up at Burbo just to look out at the estuary.

Default a bit confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I know the Hall, (on Virgin lane I think it is) is open to schools as my daughters have stayed there. I've often parked up at Burbo just to look out at the estuary.
    yes i thought it was on virgins lane but i picked up a leaflet about walks in sefton & on the map enclosed with it, it says that building on vigins lane is a farm & that crosby hall itself is set back nearer to little crosby in woods. (i think the stone lions are part of the entrance & wall that surrounds the hall) i can tell i am going to get sooooo lost!!

I see they have had the decorators in
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Taken from Crosby beach using my Lumix at full zoom(6x) and the head of Mr
    Gormley`s iron man in the previous pic as a tripod.
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Default Just Been for a haircut there

Just wandering around this site and read that Crosby/ Waterloo never gets a mention.
    Visited Stuart Rd Barbers in Waterloo today and got a fab haircut and a cut throat Shave.
    Well worth a visit.

The last time I went there he asked me if I wanted it cutting round the back when there was well enough room in the shop.

Oh lovely a Crosby thread.....me being a Crosby girl.....I went to St Peter and Pauls Primary school in Liverpool Road followed by Seafield Grammar School as it was then....Oh and I remember the woods that were mentioned ......

The little old abandoned cottage that was posted is still there..it is along the little alley at the back of the cinema.....well what was the cinema..cant for the life of me remember the name of it...used to walk down that way from school every day and through Coronation Park as we lived close by.......always have a joll along Crosby beach when we go 'home' for Christmas as my mad Jack Russell likes nothing better than chasing her frisbee along the sand.......have some lovely pics of one of the iron men in a santa outfit.....

get your pics posted on here Maggie !

we have a dog thread too - you can tell us about your Jack Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    The little old abandoned cottage that was posted is still there..it is along the little alley at the back of the cinema.....well what was the cinema..cant for the life of me remember the name of it...used to walk down that way from school every day and through Coronation Park as we lived close by....
    It was the Regent, Maggie May. Until it became a bingo hall of course. We used to go there a lot as a family and the kids on a Saturday morning of course.
    I remember my dad taking me to see the epic 'Lawrence of Arabia' there and my mates and I queued up (!!) to see Cliff in 'Summer Holiday'...
    Chester: a Virtual Stroll Around the Walls-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info

The Liverpool Gallery-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/gallery/liverpool.html

The Chester Shop
    http://www.thechestershop.com

Chester & Liverpool Guided Walks
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/guidedwalks.html

Ah the Regent..thats the one..my mom was an usherette there and my dad a projectionist in their younger days........

I have happy memories of going there to see Elvis films......then running home though the park totally in love with him and so wishing I was all grown up....

Oh and the Saturday morning club
    Last edited by Maggie May; 06-25-2008 at 04:58 PM.

PhilipG

There was the Corona, opposite Alexandra Park, and Coronation Road from which it probably got its name.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 06-25-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    Oh lovely a Crosby thread.....me being a Crosby girl.....I went to St Peter and Pauls Primary school in Liverpool Road followed by Seafield Grammar School as it was then....Oh and I remember the woods that were mentioned ......

The little old abandoned cottage that was posted is still there..it is along the little alley at the back of the cinema.....well what was the cinema..cant for the life of me remember the name of it...used to walk down that way from school every day and through Coronation Park as we lived close by.......always have a joll along Crosby beach when we go 'home' for Christmas as my mad Jack Russell likes nothing better than chasing her frisbee along the sand.......have some lovely pics of one of the iron men in a santa outfit.....
    Where you at st. Peter and Paul's when the dreaded miss Moylan was there? (I quite liked her really!)

Yes I was.......what did she teach I cant remember....but just seeing the name some how sent a shiver down my spine.....

Was she the one who had a sister who also taught there.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast