Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum and was told to try here by Ged Fagan after seeing his Inner City Living site. I've been trying to find images of 3 premises for ages - I scour all the local history books at Waterstones, Borders, have been to central library, city engineers office, the Echo, etc and each time I seem to get close but not close enough.

The premises in question are:

The Prince of Wales Pub.
This has been variously listed as 126 Pembroke Place or it's junction with Crown Street East, 17a West Derby Street or 1 Dalton Street and was cleared when the hospital was built. The 1908 Edwardian Directory which is available shows 2 pubs on the SE and SW corner of this junction but the actual listing finishes at the end of Pembroke Place. Does anyone remember this pub?

3, 3a and 5 Queen Street.
Should be courts off Old Hall Street running down to the river direction.

80 Old Hall Street.
Would have been the River Plate Fresh Meat Co or the British & Argentine Meat Co between 1910 -1915. It was business premises of my family who were living at Queen Street. Freddy O'Connor's pub book vol 1 shows The Beehive at 74 Old Hall Street with 72 and 76 visible either side. No 80 appears to have been the 2nd building in the next block (towards Leeds Road) that was between Virginia and Rigby Streets.

Is there an Indiana Jones out there?

PS Whilst I'm really dotting i's and crossing t's with my Liverpool research - if anyone needs help with US research, I'd be more than willing to help. My paternal ancestor came to Liverpool from New York City around 1904 whilst working in the transportation of meat and I have a lot of research experience in New York and Ohio. Lots of links, picture sites, census info, etc.