Thread: The New Liverpool One Development Job Vacancies

Default The New Liverpool One Development Job Vacancies

Does anybody know if there are job vacancies in any of he department stores in the new Liverpool One shopping precinct? I am FED UP with being out of work, as it is very demoralising, and need a job badly.

There are loads of jobs going in the project overall. I'd get down to the Liverpool One office on Lord St. They take your CV and other details there and get you advanced info about job opportunities.

Individual retailers e.g. Bank/Lakeland have advertised in the Echo too. In fact, Lakeland had a job advert in last Saturdays Echo and Bestseller (old zara store) are ofering jobs now too. Go on their website www.bestseller.com).

Good luck.

Default Re. Liverpool One Job Opportunities

Thanks for the advice re. my query about job opportunities within the new Liverpool One shopping development. I didn't know about the Lord St office taking CVs, and I shall certainly be popping in there to register my details!

Will keep an eye out for the Christmas vacancies, which should start being advertised around late August. Should be plenty this year, now that we have a few more stores. It was absolutely HORRENDOUS last year when I was applying for Christmas work in the city centre, as all the stores got bombarded and I couldn't get anything. Consequently, this made for a very bleak and broke Christmas! Don't want to go through that again!

Singlesnight...Seems to me ,you have a good idea about putting together singles nights about town. Like a promoter....

Instead of concentrating on a webpage, maybe start promoting advertising for this type get togethers in the local news, etc.. for people that maybe interested for meetups..

Why not start your own business doing just as you suggest on here.. Being a promoter ...You seem to have a passion for that.. If you really need work .. work in a pub or club bartending or being a DJ.. get to know the clientel and promote events for fun things day and night..

Just my thoughts here.. Good Luck...

Default To Naked Lilac From Singlesnights

Hi,

Just read your message. In regard to your suggestion to "promote" my singles club, I take your point, but I don't think you fully understand the situation appertaining to setting up this singles site.

Firstly, to advertise in local papers cost money, enough of which I just haven't got at present (thanks to the high competition chasing each job vacancy on Merseyside!) especially when having to constantly renew the advert. Secondly, I do not think that trekking around pubs and clubs physically promoting the group would be my cup of tea. I loathe anything to do with verbal selling or cold calling (in fact I hate it myself when people come up to ME brandishing clipboards and leaflets)

Building websites is my MAIN strength, and I would rather do it this way, as opposed to pushily waving leaflets in people's faces. With the website, I am giving people an OPTION, because if they don't want to join, then that's fine. The site is targeted towards single people, so when they are seeking such a site, they just type in the search terms and there it is for them. As I said, it is their decision whether or not they want to join.

From your comments, I take it that you may think I am promoting the site a bit too much here. Well, if I am, I do apologise, but I believe it IS okay to mention your url in your signature, isn't it?

Surely you don't think my website is a waste of time, do you? I certainly don't, as I believe it is filling a much needed gap in the singles market (meaning too many dating sites and hardly any sites offering singles nights out).

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    Singlesnight...Seems to me ,you have a good idea about putting together singles nights about town. Like a promoter....

Instead of concentrating on a webpage, maybe start promoting advertising for this type get togethers in the local news, etc.. for people that maybe interested for meetups..

Why not start your own business doing just as you suggest on here.. Being a promoter ...You seem to have a passion for that.. If you really need work .. work in a pub or club bartending or being a DJ.. get to know the clientel and promote events for fun things day and night..

Just my thoughts here.. Good Luck...

In reply to Singlenights...

I believe you read me wrong.. I see where you state YOUR strength is in building websites... That is a great profession, right there..

I do not believe someone can promote their site toooo much ... That is why someone has a sight. So, please don't take my comment incorrectly.. I was trying to see your strengths ,as to where getting a job, could be had for you. Sometimes trying to help..doesn't???

You have made it clear now..and good luck in all your endeavors.. You sound like someone with a lot of go power..so, you should get a job soon. Aloha..

Default To Naked Lilac Re. Job Vacancies

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's fine. I understand what you mean and I really do appreciate the advice you gave me in regard to my job search.

Yes, you're certainly correct when you say that I am somebody with a lot of "go power." I try all the time to land the job of my dreams, and even though I have over twenty years of good, solid admin/office experience, it so hard to get a permanent job on Liverpool to the many hundreds chasing each vacancy. I was lucky to get the jobs I did get, as even they attracted a lot of applicants!

Anyway, will keep knocking on the doors, and keep my fingers crossed that something will eventually turn up. In the meantime, I will keep myself busy by mass submitting my CVs in between working on my website.

Thanks again for the advice. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    In reply to Singlenights...

I believe you read me wrong.. I see where you state YOUR strength is in building websites... That is a great profession, right there..

I do not believe someone can promote their site toooo much ... That is why someone has a sight. So, please don't take my comment incorrectly.. I was trying to see your strengths ,as to where getting a job, could be had for you. Sometimes trying to help..doesn't???

You have made it clear now..and good luck in all your endeavors.. You sound like someone with a lot of go power..so, you should get a job soon. Aloha..