Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liscard Hall destroyed by Fire

Heres a quiz. What was here.........

What a sad story. Thanks for the pics and info everyone.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Sounds Corky, like some community forum needs to be formed to address the police issue NOT caring..? What good are they, if they just turn their backs on trouble makers?

That is scarey to see youth (scallies), destroying wonderful structures.. Can the School Boards address the issue? Or your local council address the police..

We have some groups of neighborhood people that form here.. (few at a time)..They go on neighborhood walks and report disruption if they see it going on..drug dealings, vandalism..etc.. The police have equipped them with radio phones to help combat the issues.. But, sad, to think... families don't know what their KIDS are up to.

Seems like life always repeats itself.. always will be that illiterate gang type personality in some.. Hopefully someone will try and address the issues in your area.. Sad story...
    ps.. Maybe the legislature can make a law for the consequances of these youth...

Its a good idea Lilac, but unfortunately, and I've experienced the same elsewhere) but I do find that once the complaining has settled than the apathy creeps in once people are asked to do something. Its just so easy to sit back and complain, then do nothing.

I did just that a few years ago elsewhere, and started one of the first private residents groups in the country, and got enormous help from the local council (though I know it helps their star rating, it being one of the top 5 most deprived areas in the country at the time) but thats there to take advantage of, and we did.

Getting pople involved is another matter. There is a lott of going it alone, then people who think they can do better and make life hard for you through spite jealousy and downright self importance.

In the end, I just handed everything over to them, and walked away.

JobI do now doesn't allow me to be involved politically, and this is too close for comfort for me to get involved with, but 100% a good idea.

The park now gets those regular patrols, but sadly, token gestures are no use to anyone. Until (if scallies are to blame as suggested) that problem is tackled PROPERLY, instead of throwing money as rewards at them, and protecting their delicate feelings at the expense of TAX SLAVES and their rights and feelings, it will only get worse here. The government really need to re-think what human rights actually are, and come to their senses before they let the fuse burn just that one second too long....

That fuse is already far too uncomfortably close to igniting..
    Last edited by corky100; 09-10-2008 at 08:42 PM.

I understand your concerns fully.. Best of luck out there Corky.. People do deserve to live peacefully.. ta for sharing..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12