Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mann Island/ New Liverpool Museum Area

Gerard

Default Mann Island Pier Head canal update piccies

Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I'm sorry for ruining these piccies with my name plastered all over them folks but this is one set that Is definately gonna stay mine..
    Too much right clickin' and editing jiggery pockery goin' on if yer ask me and these are not going to end up being sold as postcards in Mediterranean souvenir shops..
    Not on your nellie their not ..Hope yer like em..G..
    I sort of understand what you mean about the copyright, Gerard, still seems a shame that you have to post your name all over them.

Top totty pictures all the same.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Gerard

Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 06:34 PM.

I am curiosity for know... why this island´s name?

marie,
    Post #98 on this thread.

In 1784 a local businessman....'John Mann' died....So they renamed a small island (Previously known as 'Mersey Island')......'Mann Island'.....He was an 'Oil-Stone' Dealer.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by MerseysideTransportTrust View Post
    I'm glad we obtained this photo at Mann Island on our Running day last September, recreating an early 70s scene

Hope you like.

regards Rob

Copyright M Youdan
    Great pic but (ahem) not very accurate history! Isn't that where the Crosville buses used to terminate? H1, H2, H5 etc?

And weren't the 4 & 5 mostly seen in South Castle Street?

As for the 80A

ooops -I'm not being cryptic. I'm referring to post # 119 (other page!) which somehow appeared to be the last post on this thread

@ Gerard. I understand your concern about copyright and being ripped off but your name in the top left hand corner would suffice. People don't steal images by accident. They know what they are doing. All you need to do is prove that the original image is yours which isn't very difficult if the image was digitally encoded. IMO your overuse of your name in the above pictures spoils them. You used to be happy with one or two imprints of your name on each photo. What has changed?

I agree. Chances are if someone steals them it'll be a local publication or newspaper, and someone will spot them. In which case you can invoice them accordingly. Although you're not taking photos as a profession, a cheque for a few hundred quid is some new camera kit, a weekend away or some nice meals out.

As I've said before, I use a small watermark. I've had photos stolen once that I know about and I settled with the offending publication for what I see as a fairly significant amount of money.

On this note, if anybody wants any advice on how to obtain payment for stolen photos, I'd be glad to help. I've helped other people get what they've deserved in the past, and nine times out of ten the same methods work. Naturally I wouldn't expect any payment for helping out - I just don't like seeing people's hard work being exploited by others.

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    I agree. Chances are if someone steals them it'll be a local publication or newspaper, and someone will spot them. In which case you can invoice them accordingly. Although you're not taking photos as a profession, a cheque for a few hundred quid is some new camera kit, a weekend away or some nice meals out.

As I've said before, I use a small watermark. I've had photos stolen once that I know about and I settled with the offending publication for what I see as a fairly significant amount of money.

On this note, if anybody wants any advice on how to obtain payment for stolen photos, I'd be glad to help. I've helped other people get what they've deserved in the past, and nine times out of ten the same methods work. Naturally I wouldn't expect any payment for helping out - I just don't like seeing people's hard work being exploited by others.
    I suppose the first hurdle is finding out if any of your pictures are stolen(?).
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Gerard

Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Sorry chaps but I disagree.Im looking through books right now trying to find Scotland Rd pubs..(Books as in several ..not just the Pubs of Scottie Rd as I mentioned earlier)
    I've found at least 4 photos in these Books taken by Joe Devine in the 70's and he has not been credited or given a penny for them.
    That is NOT going to happen to my pictures..
    1 watermark can be removed..Milions of them cant...I have'nt got the money to chase these things through courts for years with denials and "I took that picture and you cant prove I never" lark..

If somebody right clicks my photo isnt all the exif data or whatever its called lost ??.Whats to stop any argument going through the courts for years.

And Im not Interested in suing people either..Sorry if it spoils the pics..Ive seen what happened to my mates pictures and I'll say it again..Its not going to happen to mine..

I'd gladly let people use my pictures if they ask..
    But not everybody has the good manners to ask do they..or give credit..Jobo will confirm that.
    I Dont want any of my pictures or Joe Devines ending up on another Liverpool site and thats the only reason I watermark them..
    And I'm on about Scottie Press..They had their chance and could have had millions of the best Liverpool/Scottie Rd photos ever..
    I learnt my Lesson on Scottie Press I can tell yer...And it wont happen again..Running around giving Scottie Rd photo Dvds away for nothing all over Scottie Rd to Pensioners and so called friends and then getting no support when it all went off...Not that I mind..I'll argue all day me..But I reckon 500 on to 1 is just a bit too much..even for me.
    Starting to understand what you mean, Gerard. Keeping taking those dandy pictures, with or without watermarks, all the same.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Top pictures there Gerard.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    Starting to understand what you mean, Gerard. Keeping taking those dandy pictures, with or without watermarks, all the same.

Thanks AD..

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast