Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teen Gun Gangs

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Default Ross Kemp on Gangs

This is just a reminder really to let you know that Liverpool gangs are featured on next weeks show (Tuesday,Sky 1). I do know Ross was outside Altcourse Prison Aintree (regarding "Smigger")and very near my house too.

Blog Entries

Default Ross Kemp on Gangs

It's on tonight I believe. With the focus on Croxteth and Norris Green.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Gang Culture.

Sincerely Kev I think this kind of television is very manipulative. Remember Panorama program last year when they went to Huyton and the kids played up to the gallery wearing their hoods up and producing guns. Then not long after a completely innocent shopkeeper was gunned down in broad daylight. Amplification of the gun culture does not help. I see the wretch that killed Rhys Jones has been beaten up inside, that?s his life now and with his inability to show remorse most people would just say so what. That boy never came out the womb holding a gun! The kids you see tonight are provided with weapons by older people there can be no doubt about that. To present the goings on as hardcase culture is effectively fueling the already serious situation a classic example of amplification.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Sincerely Kev I think this kind of television is very manipulative. Remember Panorama program last year when they went to Huyton and the kids played up to the gallery wearing their hoods up and producing guns. Then not long after a completely innocent shopkeeper was gunned down in broad daylight. Amplification of the gun culture does not help. I see the wretch that killed Rhys Jones has been beaten up inside, that?s his life now and with his inability to show remorse most people would just say so what. That boy never came out the womb holding a gun! The kids you see tonight are provided with weapons by older people there can be no doubt about that. To present the goings on as hardcase culture is effectively fueling the already serious situation a classic example of amplification.
    It's all bollix anyway. If you need to carry a gun/knife, just how hard are you really? I've known a few genuinely hard men in my time, both when living in Liverpool and when at sea. Few of them were into gratuitous violence or the use of weapons.

What happened to good old fisticuffs which meant power, strength and agility.

I see Mercer has been slaughtered when put on a level playing field of no weapons.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default Who's round?

I grew up fighting on the Street but even then you could be done in. I was left for dead on Byle Street having been hit repeatedly over the head with a house brick. I caught the guy who did it and he yelped, not the point though he nearly took my life when he was with an older man. That?s the point kids will always fight amongst themselves the real horror is adults who exploit it. Guns are being sold to young kids and also drug pushers using moral standards is not that useful neither are shoot outs. They need to curb the gun trafficking. Growing up gun use was rare, now it is not yet common but it happens a lot. I don?t think that you can change it all immediately as the mentality is often created away from the immediate danger. At the anti gun and knife rally in Hyde Park a south London DJ made the point that Gangsta rap is no good and just creates tension, it doesn?t even create money and those who produce it often remain in the hood looking over their shoulders. The mentality is no different than ours when we were young everyone would say such and such is hard or so and so did this or that. Trouble with guns they make things so final. I was in a bar in Liverpool weighing some lads up they all had bomber jackets on and I thought to myself I wonder what they talk about and how they construct their view of the world, hard case talk never goes anywhere it usually all ends in a fight. The final analysis has to be that people are selling guns and they have no morality or care. There the ones the police need to stop.

Dylan Thomas

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

I have BBC Liverpool as my home page on my computer and I see THREE knife attacks on today. A handicapped woman who got stabbed and they killed her little dog too. Thinking it is supposed it was her dog who bit the little girl a few days ago. Even if it was, that these kids would do this is beyond belief.
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

There was a shooting on the 5th.
    The Kids on the Ross Kemp "gangs" show tonight talk about how easy it is to get hold of a gun within 5 minutes.

The show was pretty good. I saw my house on it too. I thought it a good intelligent discussion about the problems of not just our city but of the vast majority of cities across the UK

It was sad to watch I thought. The kids reasons for the shooting was just stupid.They made it look worse than what it is. They didn't mention The Strand or the Landford/Sparra crew.? They also do alot of the shootings.
    Ross Kemp is a good interviewer and he did well considering the nonsense he had to listen to.

Aye, i agree with you there zaps.

Allegedly they were struggling to get any substance into the programme and allegedly had to ask a group of lads that were hanging around outside The Lobster if they'd appear on camera for ?350 each. One of the lads that appeared as a member of the gang is a nephew of a lad here in work and isn't in a gang, but for ?350...

Blog Entries

Paddy is right, it's all to do with the adults. No child is born bad, society makes them that way.

Default Sensationalism

Society creates its own evils. The media will portray transgressors as innately evil when in fact they are dysfunctional and in capable of making normative moral judgements. Right and wrong as concepts depend on choice to an extent. Also the criteria of judgement is warped when it is manufactured by the media. If you have a kid you want your kid to be aware of the dangers in society. Yet if your kid takes sensationalism as a norm, as in tabloid reporting and media distortions attendant on deviant activity, then you have a problem. Why? well it is simple the very medium that distorts the truth keeps you and your peers in check.

Dylan Thomas

Default Disarm then talk

Something is really bugging me about all this. Last night I happened to see a bit of Ultimate Force I don?t watch much T.V. in fact I watch very little. What I saw was quite violent, and I do understand that people like macho tough guy culture. However my problem is this. You cannot serve two masters at once. Ross Kemp might have the best of intentions and I find him an affable person, but the problem at hand in Urban Areas is that kids have guns and also use knives. Legitimate violence is portrayed as a norm as in what happened in Iraq and the idea of good guys and bad guys is archetypal. To really get at the problem society needs firstly to recognize that violence is an everyday occurrence both legitimately and deviantly. And secondly that the means of violence as in gun crime has as it were upped the ante. So approaching the problem from premise that the contingency of gun availability has made serious injury and fatality more likely, the conclusion has to be getting the guns of the Street. Only then can you address the first problem and that is the occurrence of violence. The point being discourse is useless while the guns are out there. Number one reason is that once you have a gun you have left the mainstream and the idea and code of survival is subject to the potent culture that you become part of. This makes dialogue impossible. The police have to have the power to remove the guns, then the culture ends and discourse begins. I doubt you can tackle it any other way. So who will win the day? The cunning suppliers of weapons who by all accounts don?t make that much? Or society who can create the will to rid us of this.

Dylan Thomas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast